Yet again, low Geforce 4 performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

absinthe

Get this, guys. Check out my specs, and then I'll tell you my hilarious problem.

AMD Athlon 1700+ (1.47 Ghz)
512MB DDR RAM
Visiontek Geforce 4Ti 4400 128MB DDR video
Shuttle Ak31A mobo (Via chipset)
Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Platinum
40GB Maxtor HD
Sony 24x CD-RW
AOpen 52X CD-ROM

Now. With the above settings, I should be able to rip apart any game I play at a high resolution with all the settings turned up. But in Medal of Honor, at 1124x860 with all the settings maxed out, I'm getting 95 fps MAXIMUM and an average of around 50-60...and it drops down to about 35 or sometimes even 25-30 when it gets really bad. What the hell?! I've got antialiasing and Vsync turned off, but nothing I do seems to help. Just for fun, in MoH I turned all the settings down to the lowest possible and ran it at 640x480 and I still maxed out at 95 (although it was pretty much stable at 95 the whole time). Clearly something's bottlenecking me. I know Shuttle isn't the greatest mobo brand but it IS AGP 4x compatible and everything..I should be averaging over 100 fps with the above specs! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, guys.

Oh yeah, and I AM using the 29.42 drivers. So that can't be it either. The one thing I can think of is my SBLive card and my Geforce are sharing an IRQ...but it hasn't caused any other problems, and I can't seem to change it in control panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back