TechSpot

Yet another newcomer

By fgaliegue
Feb 11, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everyone,

First of all I discovered these forums by searching Google for a certain search string, and as it talks about all things computing without exception, I figured out I could learn many things there, and also, why not, teach some other people about my main skill: all things Linux.

PC user in general since 1995, I've been a Unix fan for a long time and then discovered Linux in 1996. Since then I've read a fair amount, practised a lot and could teach others in the end (in fact, I had my first job - at Mandrake, now Mandriva - after someone noted my contributions to the newsgroups at the time).

I also use Windows, but now only for games. However, now that I'm responsible for a Windows centric LAN along with 7 production Linux servers, I'm thinking of acquiring Windows skills. I lack these horribly (apart from installing it, joining an install to a domain and installing programs - heh).

My goal is to learn, always has been, always will be. And if I can teach anything, I'll also do it with pleasure :)

Bear with me,
  2. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,846

Welcome to techspot fgaliegue

It sounds like you know your linux. You could school me in it any day
  3. Vigilante

Vigilante TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,120

Nice to have another Linux person around here. What are your thoughts on the best Windows replacement home Linux distro? A handful of people around here like Linspire. That's my pick.

Welcome aboard!
  4. fgaliegue

fgaliegue TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 54

Honestly, I just can't say. I've been using Linux as my desktop OS for far too long, and only ever use Windows (98!) at home to play Diablo2... What's more, I'm more of a CLI user than a GUI user.

My Linux distro of choice is Mandriva.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.