TechSpot

YM logs on remotely?

By rebl1128
Nov 26, 2005
  1. Thanks in advance for any help. While I was at work (overnight), a friend e-mailed and asked if I knew I had just logged on to Yahoo Messenger. I have a PC at home with Messenger installed, but my computer had been shut down for many hours while I was at work. I am concerned that this program is logging me on, even when my computer is turned off. Why would this happen? Please help. Thanks.

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Is it possible that someone may have started your computer while you weren`t at home?

I can`t say that I`ve ever heard of this problem before.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

3. rebl1128

rebl1128 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Well, no

I live alone, and no one should EVER be in my house when I'm not there. No one else knows my password, which I change frequently. I just don't get it.

4. howard_hopkinso

The only other thing I can think of is, Someone knows your yahoo messenger I.D and password, and logged into your yahoo messenger account. I would recommend that you change your yahoo password asap.

Regards Howard :)

5. rebl1128

rebl1128 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yes, but

I changed my password this past week, and NO ONE, not even my best friend, knows it. Do you know if some sort of spyware could cause this? I use a program to download music, and I'm certain that spyware is getting through. I do run trendmicro and adaware. Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks for your help.

6. howard_hopkinso

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.