YM logs on remotely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks in advance for any help. While I was at work (overnight), a friend e-mailed and asked if I knew I had just logged on to Yahoo Messenger. I have a PC at home with Messenger installed, but my computer had been shut down for many hours while I was at work. I am concerned that this program is logging me on, even when my computer is turned off. Why would this happen? Please help. Thanks.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Is it possible that someone may have started your computer while you weren`t at home?

I can`t say that I`ve ever heard of this problem before.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Well, no

I live alone, and no one should EVER be in my house when I'm not there. No one else knows my password, which I change frequently. I just don't get it.

The only other thing I can think of is, Someone knows your yahoo messenger I.D and password, and logged into your yahoo messenger account. I would recommend that you change your yahoo password asap.

Regards Howard :)

Yes, but

I changed my password this past week, and NO ONE, not even my best friend, knows it. Do you know if some sort of spyware could cause this? I use a program to download music, and I'm certain that spyware is getting through. I do run trendmicro and adaware. Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back