Your Computer is in danger!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eduardo28

Helo everybody and thx in advance... I tried scanning and deleting spywares and some viruses but still no use.. i hope this will be fix
Il post a Hijackthis log hope you can help me...

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as Attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of eduardo28 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

From here, I can see something is wrong.

Do NOT OPEN Internet Explorer!

Instead, right click it and select properties.

For IE6
Reset the search engine to default.
If you can, reset all back to default.
Disable most add-ons

For IE7
Tools > Delete Browsing History
Click Delete ALL...
Click to check the box to delete file and settings by add-on
click yes to execute the clean up.

Uninstall...

SUPERAntiSpyware

I noticed the mistake you made. Obliviously you did NOT read the topic.
I also noticed that you haven't attact the log from Panda ANTIROOTKIT Scan ? Look at Howard's post and try again.

For now, you need to clear your IE caches + search defaults + addons and uninstall SUPERAntiSpyware.
After that

PLEASE READ THE TOPIC HERE! This can saves you a lot of troubles from your mom.

https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Hope this help.

Beside, you can't rush Howard. He has another things to do. He will do the Techspot later the day.

This thread is for the use of eduardo28 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

so confusing im still 14 yrs old.... 1 option reformat... will that remove all spywares or adwares or viruses in my computer??

Ohh.. that explains it.

Maybe i think you should talk with you mom first.

If she agree with this, come back and we will tell you more about it.

Sometime, it is better idea to tell the truth instead wait it out until they finds out about it.

You are young...

And if you reformat the computer, your mom will notice.
If you leave the computer as it is, your mom will still notice.

I suggest you to talk with your mother first.

Well i have nothing to do but wait for tomorrow and tell my parents then tell the computer shop that it has adwares and spywares and etc.. thx bush for the little help and tip ^_^ god bless me and you

eduardo28:

You have two choices. Either follow the instructions I gave you and post the requested log files/results.

THESE are the instructions you need to follow if you wish to clean the system.

Or, reformat the system.

If you do the former, I`m confident we can clean your system.

It`s really up to you.

Regards Howard :)

It really isn`t hard to follow the instructions if you take your time. All you have to do is READ them.

However, if you`d prefer to format, then that`s up to you. Just be aware that a format will wipe everything from the computer.

Make sure you have your parents permission, before you attempt a format and reinstall.

eduardo28 said:
Well i have nothing to do but wait for tomorrow and tell my parents then tell the computer shop that it has adwares and spywares and etc.. thx bush for the little help and tip ^_^ god bless me and you

Did you know that the computer shop costs you more than just pop in the cd and reformat?

Ask your parent first ;)

A format will certainly solve your malware problems. However, you`ll need to know how to reinstall the OS, the drivers and whatever else is needed by the system. Also, as I have said, a format will wipe everything off of the computer, including any important data that your parents may have.

I seriously think, you should wait and see how your parents wish to proceed.

If you reformat, then the hard drive will be completely wiped and there won`t be anything left on the computer. That`s why you would then need to reinstall everything.

You obviously have never reformatted a system before and I think it`s beyond your capabilities at the moment.

Wait till your parents are home and tell them what`s happened. Better to do that, than wipe their system and lose whatever important data they may have.

Im so dead -_- my computer was reformated 2 times in a month -_- 1st its because of the haxdoor virus and now adwares and some viruses.. 1 question is my log clean or not??

Not what i see, no.

Maybe it is good time to stop downloading something stupid and ask your parent permission before you download anything.

omg so funny.... when i was playing BF2 there where ballons of warning.. when i was surfing in the internet i realized that there where no signle ballon warning of adwares or viruses.. why is that??

the best tips i can give you is this: do NOT use limewire if you have it - uninstall it straight away, use your judgement on EVERY website that you visit and do not click links in emails or open any attachments that you do know know the sender of, and last but not least have good anti malware protection

tell your parents to get these things: AVG free edition (anti virus), Spybot S&D (anti spyware) and Lavasoft Ad-aware (anti spyware). do not install any anti malware programs yourself because you already have SUPERantispyware which tells you that you have lots of spyware and makes you buy the program before it removes the infections that aren't really there

if you have the three programs that i mentioned then you will not need anything else, as long as the windows firewall is activated.

i know most of this will probably baffle you but get your parents to read it and take the appropriate action

No, the computer is not clean. Why else would we be going through all this performance. That`s why you were given instructions on how to help clean it, but it turned out you couldn`t do that.

Sounds like you need to learn how to use the net without getting infected every two minutes, otherwise, this is just going to keep on happening.

Take a look at this thread HERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back