Your recommendations for NAS - Personal Home Use

able6actual

I have been using a pogo plug series 4 on my home network with a USB 3.0, 1 TB hard drive attached to it for several months and for unknown reasons the pogo plug no longer sees the drive. I have connected the drive directly to my PC and it responds normally and a check disk shows no errors at all. I have a tech support request in with there tech support which seems to be going no where. So I think its time for a change. I am asking for your input on a recommended network storage device I can use on my home network that will not only allow me access to files stored on it but will also allow me to save files to it while away from home. I use windows 7 based equipment and if at all possible I would like to be able to access and save files from my ipad and iphone like the pogo plug allowed me to do via application.
When ever I had a question or PC problem the members of this forum have always come through with the right answer or proper solution for me and I hope you all will once again.

Thank you in advance
able6actual

Well my network here is Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit on desktops, laptops, netbooks, tablets all the way except for tablet or netbook for testing running Windows 8 Pro 32-bit and 64-bit. Also Android tablets and smartphone have NSA325 app to access the NAS.

I use NSA325 pictured to your right on top shelf in my network system here in this mini network rack system. Supports USB 3.0 and 2.0 it has 3x USB ports, two drive bays for upto 6TB, also my Web Server (internal web site also called intranet) Color Laser Business Class shown in the picture below doesn't have network features but using NSA325 Print Server via USB port it's now networked.

This device is also my Network Media Center too. Devices like SONY SMP-N100 and SMP-N200 Network Media Players can access the NSA325 for media files, video, pictures and music. I also use as a NAS for File Server too. Everything goes to the NSA325, very fast too with 1.6GHz, 512MB of RAM. ZyXel link: http://www.zyxel.com/products_services/nsa325.shtml?t=p

176949_10151185719252949_1756536653_o.jpg

Back