Your Reviews

agissi

Hey guys. This one goes out to most mods like Phant and Julio that really make this place happen(-Thanks!), but to the point...One thing I'd like, is more reviews. The 3D Glasses is still the latest, and it was put up quite a while a ago. It just seems like new storys/reviews are becomming a treat. I dont go here for treats, I go here for the fourms and reviews/storys. Whats the hold up? There used to be (like) one new review every week. You guys droped it to one per month:rolleyes: . Just saying, not damanding, however it sure would be nice to get the ball rolling.

I completely understand your concerns and you are right for the most part, I'm also glad to hear you demand some more articles from us.

2002 was a difficult year not only for websites alone, but manufacturers and getting review samples has got quite harder than before, this is one of the million reasons you have seen less reviews from our part. Most of the former staff went through particularly busy years too, and we also saw some instability on this side.
Let's hope 2003 to be a much active year for the site (I will work for that, I promise) and a better year overall for innovation and sales in the PC market.

Also, after many failed attempts for hiring a web developer that could create an engine for the site, we might have found our man. With some previous experience on the field, I have a small project that could lead us to further success, not only a Content Management System will save us time and efforts but my project includes something similar to what Shacknews has for game reviews, think of a similar concept but for hardware and enthusiast material instead.

Great, sounds good Julio. Thanks alot, I thought I'd just run that by your side;).

I think it's time to give Techspot members a chance to contribute...i m sure some are interested in doing so which includes me too(if i have time) after reading an inspiring review by Vehementi!

Hopefully things pick up this year with the US economy and the computer world. Problem is with these new consoles, there isn't the demand on PC gaming like there was years ago. And the second problem is exactly what Julio said, manufactures don't like sending free products to us!

I trust Julio will crank things up, since I have been here he has made this place better every day!

CRAZYACE

Originally posted by young&wild
after reading an inspiring review by Vehementi!

Heh...don't even get me started.

I do feel good that I'm the first to take the plunge, however.

Originally posted by TS | Crazyace
And the second problem is exactly what Julio said, manufactures don't like sending free products to us!

The biggest hardware site in Norway bypasses this by borrowing the hardware from an online shop, and returning the card after they've written their review...

In return, the onlilne shop get's credited in the review/on the main page....

Maybe some online shop would be interested in doing something like this with TechSpot?

I know I've slacked off a bit with jen being here now, though I was away at christmas too which delayed some stuff being finished.
I do know though that within the past week I've finished both sn updated Soundcard guide, Inspire 6700 review & Audigy 2 plus SonicXplosion DVD review is on the way as well. 1 other game guides are near enough finished as well. OS Updates have been fairly constantly maintained by me though all the time regardless.

Yah well if we are going to give these manufacturers reviews of their products, they damn well better pay by giving us the product. Otherwise, it's free advertisement for them if the review is good. I don't think any of us like doing things for free, now do we?

Then again Crazy, we cant get too greedy. They dont have to give them to Techspot now do they....they'll be saying "Screw Tech, why not have [H] do the review for free".

This shouldn't become a debate, just in simple terms, our business model works in such way that we only review what we get from the manufacturer for free, or at least this applies for 90% of what we review.

Back