Your thoughts about this build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj20032005

hey everyone,

Just thought I would put my computer build here for suggestions and see what everyone thinks.

Mobo- Gigabyte Ga-965P-Ds3

Processor- Core 2 Duo E6300

Video Card- Gigabyte RH Geforce 7300 Gt 256MB

Memory- Corsair Valueselect 1gb (2x512) 667 (5300)

Hard drive- Western digital Caviar SE 120gb 7200rpm

Case- Cooler master Centurion 5 Cac-To5 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811119068

Powers supply- Thermaltake TR2 430w http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817153023

I want to ask everyone what they think about the Psu. Is it enough? Or a better reccommendation around the same price range.

Ok everyone, tell me what you think.

Thanks

Looks pretty nice. If ou are into games you may be somewhat disappointed with the graphics card but you should still be able to play stuff ok. The psu will be fine if/until you start upgrading.

That DS3 mobo is very nice!

As long as that 7300GT is GDDR3, it's a good build. The GDDR3 7300GTs are actually 7600GTs with 8 pipelines instead of 12.

Looks pretty solid. I would look into a slightly better video card if you game. Otherwise its a build that would do even me good.

The video card will still game decently I wouldn't mind having that system.

F1N3ST said:
I know why too, Intel>AMD in performance.

For now atleast :) barcelona is on its way, and i hear intel is having trouble with there 45nm processors, but thats off topic, i like your build, everything on that is better than mine except the HDD and CPU, I'm using a geforce 6200, fairly crap, but it can still play todays games at round low-medium graphics, but that will change when i stuff a big *** r600 in my mobo :)

Actually intel is releasing their 45nm Xeons later this year. AMD is having trouble with 65nm, top clock speed stock is 2.5ghz.

A good lower mid-end build. The 7300GT is still a very good card for the price and can run most games on medium-high very easily without any problems. The mobo is a great one and one of my personal favorites for that price bracket. How much is the total price though? Check out the TS Budget PC guide for some more ideas.

F1N3ST, don't want to start an AMD vs Intel war again, but when i said Intel was having trouble with their 45nm processors, i was talking about desktop processors not servers. The 45 nm Intel processors for desktops wont be released till later next year, the reason for that is because they are having trouble with it, and as for AMD having trouble with 65nm, i don't know where you heard that from but its not true.

Anyways, you should have waited for the 8600gt to come out, for what I've read they are going to be really cheap, really good in performance wise, almost as good as a 7900gt only cheaper, and fully supports dx10

Thanks again for all the comments!

I started ordering the parts last night. I bought the case, psu, mobo, and cpu. I think im ordering the rest today.

Rage, the build cost for what I have listed is 650-700. I think the whole build including what I have listed, os, and monitor will be near 1000.

hope everything works out like planned.

Thanks all!

F1N3ST and _FAKE_, please stop the wars. Just stop. Don't blame it on the other person. Don't politely try to flame each other. Don't rudely try to flame each other. Just drop it both of you. Otherwise it's going to escalate and this thread will become a war zone instead of a simple answer/comments thread on cj20032005's new system.

As I said before, I think that will be a pretty good system cj. It should play most games fairly well, although some of the newest games might have to be played at lower resolution. But it is a very good budget box.

Well one last comment, how can 45nm on desktop vs server be ANY differant, it is just a release date. New AMD X2 6000+ is on 90nm, explain that.

Ok, what`s going on in here then?

Please keep it calm and civil guys.

I don`t want to have to start deleting posts, unless I really have to. ;)

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back