Your top recommended motherboards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

I just got done building two computers using the C2D 6400. I used the Asus P5B-E and was not overly impressed. I hated the bios and its looks. It had a problem with any overclocking at all and some of it's own software messed it up. Anyone care to lead me to another board that you would recommend?

Buying those pieces of crap would really be great wouldn't it. Why anyone would buy cheap stuff like this always makes me wonder.

I have to say, Asus(tek) makes good quality motherboards. I have only had a minor issue with my integrated Nic card on my current mobo, and that's it.

I have narrowed it down to the gigabyte DQ6 or the Abit AW9D-Max. Any info that you know about either of these boards would be appreciated. Thanks

From what I've read the AW9D-Max is supposed to be pretty sweet. The eVGA 680i, though some people think is overkill, offers a lot of future upgrade room (quad-core support anyone?) plus at newegg its the same price as aw9d-max after rebate.

Asus may make decent mobos, but their tech support is virtually nonexistent, and you have to call long distance to get an RMA :S

I wouldn't know about that, because I have been EXTREMELY lucky with ASUS and everything has always worked as (or better than) expected... coughN6800TDcough.

ingeborgdot said:
I have narrowed it down to the gigabyte DQ6 or the Abit AW9D-Max. Any info that you know about either of these boards would be appreciated. Thanks

I've read quite a bit on the Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6. It is certainly very feature-rich, with quad-core support, eight SATA ports, dual PCI-E, etc.
The interesting thing is its unique approach to dual-videocard support. The 965P chipset doesn't support dual-graphics cards, so Gigabyte decides to use four PCI-E lanes from the ICH8R southbridge for its second PCI-E slot. Most dual PCI-E motherboards split the single PCI-E x16 in the northbridge into two x8 PCI-E slots for more balanced support. Gigabyte cleverly finds a way to have dual x16 PCI-E on a 965P chipset. Such a clever idea from Gigabyte deserves credit.

Hope this helps your decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back