TechSpot

YouTube will block indie labels that don't sign up for their new music service

By Shawn Knight
Jun 17, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. It's no secret that YouTube is set to be the next major company to launch a paid streaming music service. It seems like a solid fit as the site already plays host to millions of videos from artists signed with major...

Read more

2. Satish Mallya

Satish Mallya TS Rookie Posts: 31   +12

Boooooooo!
    Hiss!

3. GeforcerFX

GeforcerFX TS Booster Posts: 336   +49

I have to say I loved youtube, but almost every single thing that Google has done to youtube has made it worse and worse and worse.

ikesmasher and Darkshadoe like this.
  4. Railman

Railman TS Enthusiast Posts: 671   +96

Must say I don't use youtube much since the annoying ads. Stop wasting my time with ads I don't have the slightest bit of interest. I think they need to learn a lesson from the Horror Channel on satellite TV. On Sunday morning I watched a classic Doctor Who story and the ad breaks were put in place at the end of each episode. It is so rare to watch commercial TV with the breaks every 25 minutes. Too many channels have breaks within the last 10 minutes of a program!

5. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,757   +96

YouTube should changed it's name to PaidTube! YouTube was just two guys who started the idea, sold it to the wrong people and now look at YouTube (cough, cough) PaidTube! I hardly use it only to find old song groups but soon that will be block as they are doing. Other ?Tube types out there also.

Darkshadoe likes this.
  6. Darkshadoe

Darkshadoe TS Guru Posts: 571   +109

Use a browser that can run AdBlock. It will get rid of 99% of the ads.

7. YouTube just went to the dogs.

8. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,423   +822

I can't stress that enough myself. I don't understand why a lot of people don't use it yet they tend to be the biggest complainers about ad's, they must be masochists. It's the best invention since the internet itself.

9. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,537   +330

AdBlock is pretty much a necessity to use YouTube these days, I turned it off the other day to see what YouTube was like with Ads. Needless to say, I didn't recognize the website anymore, it was just a swirl of Adverts in my face.

10. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,979   +391

I cant stand youtube much longer. its not just google, which is bad enough in itself - its also the 80% of the users who are only there in laughable attempts to monetize. Its not about content to the users anymore, its about money.

11. Railman

Railman TS Enthusiast Posts: 671   +96

Thanks. I will get Adblock

Darkshadoe likes this.

12. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,286   +232

Wow, talk about strong arm tactics. Guess Google has given up even pretending to follow that "do no evil" mantra.

Ah well, this will just create a void that someone else will fill with a new service, and hopefully it yanks a ton of people away from YouTube. But, oh god, does this mean Myspace might make a comeback? I mean, it's all about music and artists these days, I guess....

13. Gamesinner

Gamesinner TS Rookie Posts: 84

Shame on you Google, I think it's time for a new internet video service to take over.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.