TechSpot

zebra lines

By ScaRL
Mar 11, 2007
  1. i recently bought myself a new system, amd x2 and biostar 6100 am2. i assemble it myself. using onboard vga , recently , it gaves me zebra lines error. first it happens when i was playing counter strike. 2nd it happened when i was zooming a jpg file. i thought it was winxp driver problem, so i had my pc reformated. and yet just now it happens again
    while i was surfing .

an example of the error is attached. made myself using paint as i can't capture any ss. whenever this error happen, it would hang my pc. the whole screen shows zebra lines. i had to resolve thru reset button. the zebra lines usually would take 2 main color of the color on my screen at that time...

pro's out there, do tell me is this mobo error? or is it just winxp?

note* after the first 2 errors, i reformat. installed the sims 2 , played all night long. played cs 1.6. no errors.. and then i left my pc online for whole night.
    off it for 2 hours. turn on, surf for 10mins and error occurs. when i reset my pc back, it shows cpu temp 54c

Attached Files:

• scn.JPG
      scn.JPG
      File size:
      15 KB
      Views:
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Test your RAM! Always, especially when you have been playing with it using your fingers. It costs you nothing and can save you hours/days worth of frustration.

Get a video card and try using that instead of the integrated one.

3. ScaRL

ScaRL TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 20

done testing ram. no error. guess i'll have 2 buy new gc and test it.
    was hoping only to use my onboard vga..

4. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

If the onboard VGA is bad, then obviously you should have your mobo replaced under warranty! The video card is only for testing.

5. ScaRL

not that i don't want it, but sending for RMA would take a month. and if using gc card fix that problem, and nothing else occur, i would just keep it :)

6. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 923   +11

buy a good video card then because I think it will fix the problem.

7. ScaRL

just a note, i bought 7300gt and errors still happens. this time it blinks a few time, giving black screen and start making zebras half screen

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.