Zonealarm and a DI-604

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBE300

Hey all. I am back looking for some more help.

Following the guidelines of the prevention sticky I am now running a D-Linf DI-604 router behind my ADSL box and also Zone alarm on my PCs.

I am having some issues getting everything to work just right. (RealVNC and Azureus mostly).

I Have been thru the websites and I have the port forwarding all figured out and set up correctly (so I think), but I get messages in Zonealarm now about "internet servers being blocked". I have Azureus with full allow rights in zone alarm, but still I get these messages.

My question is basically what else should I check and/or why do I get these messages?

A bit more info incase its needed.

All IPs on my setup are static
ADSL - Forwarding UDP and TCP ports to my router's IP
8766-8768, 5900-5901, 55150-55300.

DI604 is forwarding these ports to my PC trying to use these programs.
Above ranges are enabled and set to "both" (udp and tcp)

Both programs have full rights in zone alarm:
Access and server , trusted and internet

Azureus and RealVNC are using ports in the above ranges.

I have followed the following sites advice on setting up the router:
http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Dlink/DI-604/DI-604index.htm

and the help on Zone Alarms site to allow programs rights.

Thanks for any help.

uninstall zone alarm and try this one out instead:

Kerio Personal Firewall

It may seem anoying having to setup individual program access (if you've set it to that mode) but once its done its smooth sailing.. Just dont forget to check the "Remember my answer" checkbox before clicking allow..

Dazzer, he's running the internet connection via a router so ICS is irrelevant :)

N3051M said:
uninstall zone alarm and try this one out instead:

Kerio Personal Firewall

It may seem anoying having to setup individual program access (if you've set it to that mode) but once its done its smooth sailing.. Just dont forget to check the "Remember my answer" checkbox before clicking allow..

Dazzer, he's running the internet connection via a router so ICS is irrelevant :)

Yeah so dump Zonealarm if it aint the pro version as it wont support ICS I personally still like Sygate http://www.simtel.net/product.download.mirrors.php?id=53687

Thanks once again.

Thank all of you once again. I will be looking at Kerio and Sygate this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back