TechSpot

Zotac shows several small, powerful Zbox PCs at Computex

By Scorpus
Jun 6, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. I stopped by Zotac's booth at Computex 2014, where the company was showing off several extremely small form factor PCs with some powerful internals inside. One of them, pictured above and called the Zbox CA320, is a passively cooled system...

Read more

2. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,149   +1,424

The sphere looks nice, but if it is not upgradeable for memory + SSD, then it is not that good.
    I would consider buying it to install IIS for home use, but 4GB of RAM is just too little.

3. You should have taken a picture with the round enclosure in your left hand, looking at the ports, and say "Alas, Poor Yorick! I knew him!"

VitalyT likes this.
  4. According to the PDF manual on the Zotac website:

"System Memory support
    Two 204-pin SO-DIMMs DDR3L 1600/1333
    Up to 16 GB of memory"

and

"Onboard Serial ATA
    SATA 6.0 Gb/s transfer rates
    Supports one 2.5-inch SATA HDD or SSD (max 9.5mm height)"

VitalyT likes this.
  5. gamoniac

gamoniac TS Addict Posts: 293   +69

Pretty cool, although A6-1450 (Tamesh) was a bit too weak for me. I got an Acer laptop with it, I swapped in an SSD but barely saw any improvement. I thought they would be able to stick a Kabini (A4-5000) in this enclosure. Alas this is much better than the Brazo APU from two years ago.

6. Ryan Abrams

Ryan Abrams TS Rookie

Good Day:
    I would not recommend buying anything from this company.
    This company uses sub-par components in there systems and refuses to stand behind there equipment. I have experience 2 major hardware failures of the same component on 2 separate systems from this company with in less then one year of purchasing the unit. Zotac refuses to honor the warranty for the unit. I would not recommend this or any other product from this company to anyone.

7. Looks good, until you start plugging in the cables.