ZTE unveils Nubia X6 with 6.44-inch display, 13-megapixel cameras on front and rear

By Shawn Knight
Mar 26, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. The latest handset from Chinese smartphone maker ZTE is seriously pushing the bounds of tablet territory. The Nubia X6 features a massive 6.44-inch, 1080p display (344 pixels per inch) that eclipses just about everything we've seen thus far.

Read more
  2. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,114   +1,378

The resolution isn't high enough to charge so much premium. 6.44" is big enough for at least 1440P.
  3. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 1,440   +593

Way to big for a phone (for me and anyone I know anyways), you can have that junk.
  4. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 1,440   +593

I disagree with that.
    While I can be hard on laptops/tablets for running low resolutions, 1080p for a phone or small tablet is still nice. I've used smartphones and tablets with high resolutions like 1440p and with all the necessary framing and crammed PPI to make things work/legible its overkill anyways.
    That being said, its too damn big.
    Some people will like it, most will not.
  5. Steve

Steve TechSpot Editor Posts: 2,189   +1,219

Really like the Samsung Note 3 but if the screen was 6.44-inch I would be all the more happy for it :)
  6. RustyTech

RustyTech TS Guru Posts: 819   +385

I can't wait for Samsung Note 4 to come out; have you guys heard anything about it yet?
  7. Nobina

Nobina TS Evangelist Posts: 807   +270

I've yet to see a good ZTE phone. They are generally poorly optimized and low quality for the price, and I've seen and used a lot of them. This one looks quite appealing.
  8. @ Steve
    if you want a 6.44 inch phablet, try xperia Z ultra.. it has about 6.4 inch display with handwriting capability with any pencil or metal pen lying near over you (sony stylus is sold separately anyway). Slim and waterproof.

the only disadvantage is: lack of built-in-apps.. unlike Samsung Note which has many unique apps like smart S note, scrap note, airview etc etc :(