Sign up for a new account or log in here:
An internet telephone. As simple as an instant messenger. Now you’re talking.
Gizmo Project uses your internet connection (broadband or dial-up) to make calls to other computers. With the one click of a mouse in Gizmo, you’re connected to family, friends, and colleagues anywhere in the world.
And with inexpensive add-ons like Call In and Call Out, you can talk to any telephone–mobile or landline–on the planet. Any phone? Yes.
With Call Out, you can call any landline or mobile phone with super cheap Call Out Credits. Super cheap? How does 1.8 cents a minute sound? Enter any number into Gizmo Project and dial away. It rings like a normal phone, sounds like a normal phone, it only costs less. You only pay for the calls you make, and your credits only expire if you don’t use your account for six months. There are no monthly fees, no connection fees, and all billing is per minute. Simple, inexpensive, great quality.
Want to receive calls from mobile phones and landlines? With Gizmo Call In, for $5/mo, you can have a phone number in over 50 cities in the US and UK. And, your Call In number goes with you wherever you may roam. So the folks who call you are charged as if they’re calling you at home. Easy for you. Convenient and cheap for them.
- Sound effects - Add Sound Effects to your calls. Open the Dialpad at the bottom of Gizmo Project window and press the emoticon button during a call. You can choose other sounds (or upload your own) from the options menu.
- Check call quality - Click for the Call Quality Assitant to see bandwidth quality.
- Pick online status. Green: Available, Red: Away/Do not disturb, Orange: Idle, Blue: On the phone, Grey: Invisible/Offline
- Online status. Gives the current status of all your contacts.
- Click Map It to view map of call locations. Get a detailed map of the location of each call.
- Instant Messaging (IM) - Chat instantly with your contacts.
- Person being called receives call subject. Let them know immediately the purpose of your call.
- You can record any call on your Gizmo Project phone with the click of a button. The call record button is in the active call window, next to the mute and hold buttons.
- Type in Gizmo name or number here to make a call. Gizmo to Gizmo call always free. You can also call any traditional phone using Call Out.
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.