SmartSync Pro 4.2
Full-featured solution to back up and synchronize your data.
SmartSync Pro is a universal full-featured tool to back up and synchronize your important data to the local drive, external Flash/USB/ZIP drive, CD/DVD, NAS and other storage devices, network volumes or even remote computer. If source data is destroyed or lost, it can be easily recovered. An intuitive wizard will help setting up what, where and when to copy. The program replicates only new and updated files which substantially reduces synchronization time. As a unique feature, SmartSync Pro allows synchronizing files and folders when computers cannot be connected over a local network (e.g. home/office PCs). A flexible filtering system lets keep synchronized only the files you need. The application has a set of built*in features such as task scheduler, data compression, activity logging, notifications and password protection. SmartSync Pro can be run as a service under NT/2000/XP/2003 to perform scheduled tasks even when nobody is logged in.
- Common features:
- Attractive and easytouse interface.
- Synchronizes your data only when it needs synchronizing.
- Flexible filtering system to include only the files you want.
- Tree like structure of profiles and profile groups.
- Drag and drop support for folders, profiles and profile groups.
- Activity log.
- Multi threaded background processing.
- Easy to use New Profile Wizard for creating new profiles.
- Color highlighting for new, modified and deleted files and file conflicts.
- Detailed synchronization progress for all operations.
- Resolves file conflicts when the same files have been modified on both sides.
- Adjusts for different time zones, Daylight Saving Time.
- Scheduling support to run profiles whenever you want.
- Can dial up before synchronization and hang up afterward.
- Can run external programs before and after synchronization.
- Profile access can be restricted to selected users only.
- Detects locked files and asks to retry to overwrite them.
- Command line support.
- Can be run as service under NT4/2000/XP.
- Local Synchronization/Backup Features:
- Makes an exact copy of your directories on network computer.
- Synchronizes two directories with an option for deleting obsolete files.
- Allows for your backup files to be compressed in a ZIP archive.
- Allows for restoring source files from backup.
- Copy file and folder security information for NTFS volumes.
- Remote Synchronization Features:
- Automatic program update on remote computer.
- Move modified files in a compressed package.
- Can send packages to floppy, ZIP, FTP server or by Email directly from the program.
- Can load packages from floppy, ZIP, FTP server or from POP3 server directly from the program.
- Split packages by a given size.
- Disk spanning support.
- Preserves up to 100 last versions of replaced and deleted files.
- Easy restoring of preserved files.
- Password protection for packages.
- Added support for unicode file names (Japanese, Korean, Chinese, etc.)
- Added "Log window" menu item to the tray menu.
- Added support for %DATE% variable in destination folders.
- Compression/decompression speed increased.
- Profiles import/export improved.
- New item "Always" added to Restart Full Backup list.
- Test button added in Profile Properties | Notifications.
- Restoring preserved files improved.
- Automatic mapped drive reconnection added.
- Update CPU code.
- Add Dehumidifier Function.
- Improve USB compatibility.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.