ChrisTV Lite 5.80
The PVR that takes control over your tv card.
ChrisTV TimeShift lets you freeze the live TV stream, giving you a break while is still recording. TimeShifting is giving you, recordings with time delayed playback being different from the linear recording style you were used till now. By TimeShift recording you can fast-forward through commercials and create your instant-replay on a live TV program. Never miss anything from your favourite show, by timeshifting recording, a simple pause will let you resume later the interrupted TV program viewing.
Timeshifting is based on a principle of buffering the encoded images captured from the live TV program. Such kind of temporary buffering lets you go back and forth playing on an imaginary timeline of your live TV show while this is still in progress.
ChrisTV - TimeShift
There are 3 Timeshift Running Modes :
- Using software DV Encoder ( with high CPU usage and large size for buffer file)
- Using software MPEG Encoder ( only MPEG Intervideo Encoder 3 is supported for the moment)
- Using hardware MPEG Encoder ( available only for TV Cards with MPEG Hardware Encoding Module)
For software encoding TV Cards there is the option to mute the Preview Live Sound while in TimeShift Mode ( in Program Settings->ChrisTV Settings->Mute Preview Sound while using TimeShift )
The timeline is as large as the temporary buffer is set: from several minutes, to several hours depending on your available storage space. You can customize the TimeShift Buffering Time duration between 1 and 300 minutes ( while in trial mode the maximum duration is fixed to 35 minutes ).
For a better usage and easy control of ChrisTV TimeShift, you can use the following Keyboard Keys (Winamp like) :
- We have added a new feature to make recordings while the timeshift feature is used.
- Improved and optimized ChrisTV Scheduler and ChrisTV Agent.
- Some minor fixes and optimizations in the AVI recording and background recording modules.
- Fixed some recording settings for Hauppauge PVR 500 and Hauppauge PVR 1300.
- Improved the Timeshift buffering engine for some capture devices.
- Fixed sound mode detection when using Composite or S-Video inputs.
- Other small fixes and improvements.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: