ZipForge.NET is a fast and powerful .NET Zip component, written purely in C#.It lets you easily create zip, gzip, tar and tgz files; extract files from archives to hard drive or memory; add files to a zip archive from disk or memory; and replace, move and delete files in zip archives. Additionally it creates and reads self-extracting (SFX) zip archives, strong encrypted and multi-volume zip files.
- ZIP, GZip, TAR, TGZ formats support
- Opens and creates archives encrypted with strong AES encryption algorithm
- Allows user to create large ZIP files - up to 9,223,372,036,854,775,808 bytes in size
- Supports unicode file names
- Includes transaction system which allows you to rollback changes if archive update failed
- Adds compressed data directly from streams and extracts archived files to streams without creating temp files
- Lets you store full path with drive for each file
- Supports BZIP2 and PPMd compression algorithms, featured in WinZip 10
- Allows you to search for files inside archive by mask
- Progress indication with remaining time estimation
- 100% managed C# code, without unsafe blocks
- Visual Studio 2003, 2005, 2008 and 2010 compatible
- .NET 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5. 4.0 are supported
- Royalty free. Full source code is available.
Zip format support:
- Full PKZip 4.5 format support
- Zip64 support (allows user to create files over 4GB)
- GZip, TAR, TGZ formats support
- ZIP compatible self extracting archives (SFX)
- Standard Zip encryption
- Strong AES encryption with 128, 192 and 256 bit keys
- Long file names support
- Unicode filenames support
- Get and set archive and file comments
- 9 compression levels, allows user set individual compression level for each file
- Allows use to set individual password for each file
- Extracts files from spanned (multi-volume) zip archives
- Opens and creates multi-volume archives
- Deflate, BZIP2 and PPMd compression algorithms support (compatible with WinZIP 10)
Apps similar to ZipForge 5
WinRAR is a powerful archive manager. It can backup your data and reduce the size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files.
Free, open source archiver featuring volume spanning, authenticated encryption and compression in several formats. Supports 7Z, 7-Zip, ACE, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LHA/LZH, NSIS, OOo, PAQ/LPAQ, PEA, QUAD, RAR, RPM, split, TAR, Z, ZIP.
7-Zip is a file archiver with high compression ratio.