ZipForge.NET is a fast and powerful .NET Zip component, written purely in C#.It lets you easily create zip, gzip, tar and tgz files; extract files from archives to hard drive or memory; add files to a zip archive from disk or memory; and replace, move and delete files in zip archives. Additionally it creates and reads self-extracting (SFX) zip archives, strong encrypted and multi-volume zip files.
- ZIP, GZip, TAR, TGZ formats support
- Opens and creates archives encrypted with strong AES encryption algorithm
- Allows user to create large ZIP files - up to 9,223,372,036,854,775,808 bytes in size
- Supports unicode file names
- Includes transaction system which allows you to rollback changes if archive update failed
- Adds compressed data directly from streams and extracts archived files to streams without creating temp files
- Lets you store full path with drive for each file
- Supports BZIP2 and PPMd compression algorithms, featured in WinZip 10
- Allows you to search for files inside archive by mask
- Progress indication with remaining time estimation
- 100% managed C# code, without unsafe blocks
- Visual Studio 2003, 2005, 2008 and 2010 compatible
- .NET 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5. 4.0 are supported
- Royalty free. Full source code is available.
Zip format support:
- Full PKZip 4.5 format support
- Zip64 support (allows user to create files over 4GB)
- GZip, TAR, TGZ formats support
- ZIP compatible self extracting archives (SFX)
- Standard Zip encryption
- Strong AES encryption with 128, 192 and 256 bit keys
- Long file names support
- Unicode filenames support
- Get and set archive and file comments
- 9 compression levels, allows user set individual compression level for each file
- Allows use to set individual password for each file
- Extracts files from spanned (multi-volume) zip archives
- Opens and creates multi-volume archives
- Deflate, BZIP2 and PPMd compression algorithms support (compatible with WinZIP 10)
Apps similar to ZipForge 5
Free, open source archiver featuring volume spanning, authenticated encryption and compression in several formats. Supports 7Z, 7-Zip, ACE, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LHA/LZH, NSIS, OOo, PAQ/LPAQ, PEA, QUAD, RAR, RPM, split, TAR, Z, ZIP.
WinRAR is a powerful archive manager. It can backup your data and reduce the size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files.
7-Zip is a file archiver with high compression ratio.