It features a command line interface for scanning files, updating the virus definitions, and a daemon for faster scanning needed on high performance systems.
Unlike most antivirus products, ClamAV requires no yearly subscription fee, and is completely free with source code to anyone who wishes to use it. Because ClamAV is released under the GPL v2 license, you must follow all license requirements if you modify the ClamAV source code, or use it in your own projects.
ClamAV 0.98.7 is here! This release contains new scanning features and bug fixes.
- Improvements to PDF processing: decryption, escape sequence handling, and file property collection.
- Scanning/analysis of additional Microsoft Office 2003 XML format.
- Fix infinite loop condition on crafted y0da cryptor file. Identified and patch suggested by Sebastian Andrzej Siewior. CVE-2015-2221.
- Fix crash on crafted petite packed file. Reported and patch supplied by Sebastian Andrzej Siewior. CVE-2015-2222.
- Fix false negatives on files within iso9660 containers. This issue was reported by Minzhuan Gong.
- Fix a couple crashes on crafted upack packed file. Identified and patches supplied by Sebastian Andrzej Siewior.
- Fix a crash during algorithmic detection on crafted PE file. Identified and patch supplied by Sebastian Andrzej Siewior.
- Fix an infinite loop condition on a crafted "xz" archive file. This was reported by Dimitri Kirchner and Goulven Guiheux. CVE-2015-2668.
- Fix compilation error after ./configure --disable-pthreads. Reported and fix suggested by John E. Krokes.
- Apply upstream patch for possible heap overflow in Henry Spencer's regex library. CVE-2015-2305.
- Fix crash in upx decoder with crafted file. Discovered and patch supplied by Sebastian Andrzej Siewior. CVE-2015-2170.
- Fix segfault scanning certain HTML files. Reported with sample by Kai Risku.
- Improve detections within xar/pkg files.