It features a command line interface for scanning files, updating the virus definitions, and a daemon for faster scanning needed on high performance systems.
Unlike most antivirus products, ClamAV requires no yearly subscription fee, and is completely free with source code to anyone who wishes to use it. Because ClamAV is released under the GPL v2 license, you must follow all license requirements if you modify the ClamAV source code, or use it in your own projects.
ClamAV 0.98.4 is a bug fix release. The following issues are now resolved:
- Various build problems on Solaris, OpenBSD, AIX.
- Crashes of clamd on Windows and Mac OS X platforms when reloading the virus signature database.
- Infinite loop in clamdscan when clamd is not running.
- Freshclam failure on Solaris 10.
- Buffer underruns when handling multi-part MIME email attachments.
- Configuration of OpenSSL on various platforms.
- Name collisions on Ubuntu 14.04, Debian sid, and Slackware 14.1.
- Linking issues with libclamunrar