SeaMonkey is available in 26 languages, for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
Most notably, this release features for the first time:
- The Content Security Policy (CSP) 1.0 parser has been enabled.
- The Mixed Content Blocker has been enabled, blocking insecure active content loads on HTTPS pages.
- New mail alert information can be customized now (Preferences/Mail & Newsgroups/Notifications).
- A confirmation prompt has been introduced to protect against accidental permanent data loss when force-deleting messages using Shift+Del.
- MailNews Save As Template supports multiple selections now.
- The size on disk is now shown for newsgroup folders.
- Added support for scrollbar style in Mac OS X 10.7 and newer.
- Enabled mixed content blocking to protects users from man-in-the-middle attacks and eavesdroppers on HTTPS pages.
- Improved about:memory's functional UI.
- Enabled DXVA2 on Windows Vista+ to accelerate H.264 video decoding.
- Simplified interface for notifications of plugin installation.
- Enabled users to switch the search provider across the entire browser.
- CSP policies using the standard syntax and semantics will now be enforced.
- Implemented the HTML5 form control.
- Added unprefixed requestAnimationFrame.
- Dropped blink effect from CSS rule text-decoration:blink and completely removed
- Fixed several stability issues.
- URLs that are too long to be shown completely appear in a tooltip now when hovering the location bar.
- Coloring of the location bar for HTTPS URLs can be disabled through Preferences now.
- Certain search engines can be discovered automatically now.
- The status bar padlock icon features a context menu now.
- You can now insert formulas in Composer using a dialog (LaTeX to MathML).
- Feed items can be tagged automatically according to feed category tags now.
- Searching within a message compose window will now display the find toolbar.
- The account name is now shown in the status bar when downloading messages from POP servers.
- Localizability of custom reply headers has been improved (mailnews.replyheader* preferences).
- Contact autocompletion in message composition windows now searches for all terms separately (AND search).
- You can now search for contacts containing parentheses.
- See the changes page for a more complete overview.
Mozilla platform changes
- HTTP caching (v2) has been enabled.
- Generational garbage collection has been integrated.
- Public key pinning support has been enabled.
- The number of found items is now displayed in the find toolbar.
- The trust bit for some 1024-bit root certificates has been removed / turned off.
- Support for the Prefer:Safe HTTP header for parental control has been added.
- mozilla::pkix has been added as default certificate verifier.
- The CAPS infrastructure for specifying site-specific permissions (via capability.policy.* preferences) has been removed.
- WebVTT has been implemented.
- CSS3 variables have been implemented.
- CSP 1.1 nonce-source and hash-source have been enabled.
- With the exception of those bundled inside an extension or ones that are whitelisted, plugins are no longer activated by default.
- Added support for GStreamer 1.0 (see bug 806917 for build configuration).
- Disabled insecure NTLM (pre-NTLMv2) authentication (see bug 828183).
- Passwords can now be saved via the password manager even when autocomplete="off" was used to prevent it (see bug 956906).
- Also see Firefox 32 for Developers, Firefox 31 for Developers and Firefox 30 for Developers.
- Fixed several stability issues.