LimeWire X 5.5.16 for Mac OS X
Search for videos, images, and program applications.
LimeWire allows you to search for multiple files at the same time, available in several different languages, and is most famous for its ease-of-use and cross-platform compatibility. LimeWire will run on Windows, Macintosh, Linux, Solaris, and other operating systems.
- Ease of use - just install, run, and search
- Ability to search by artist, title, genre, or other metainformation
- Elegant multiple search tabbed interface
- "Swarm" downloads from multiple hosts help you get files faster
- iTunes integration for Mac and Windows users
- Unique "ultrapeer" technology reduces bandwidth requirements for most users
- Integrated chat
- Directly connect to a computer
- Browse host feature--even works through firewalls
- Added Bitzi metadata lookup
- International versions: Now available in many new languages.
- Connects to the network using GWebCache, a distributed connection system
- Automatic local network searches for lightning-fast downloads. If you're on a corporate or university network, download files from other users on the same network almost instantaneously!
- Support for MAGNET links that allow you to click on web page links that access Gnutella.
- Fix a bug in which changing any value in Options caused a Library refresh.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: