Sign up for a new account or log in here:
BatChmod is a Cocoa utility written by Renaud Boisjoly for manipulating file and folder privileges in Mac OS X.
BatChmod is a utility for manipulating file and folder privileges in Mac OS X.
It allows the manipulation of ownership as well as the privileges associated to the Owner, Group or others. It can also unlock files in order to apply those privileges and finally, it can remove any ACLs added to a folder or file under Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard if required.
If none of this makes sense to you, maybe BatChmod is not for you :-) It has the potential to mangle your files if you do not know what you are doing. ESPECIALLY if you change the permission of your whole disk at once... just donít do that.
It is quite useful to gain control back of a folder you moved from another machine or another user on your machine.
Oh, and it can empty the Trash on all mounted volumes too, even if the Trash doesnít seem cooperative.
BatChmod is free as always. But we have had to move it to a commercial web server for it to be available at all times. If you would like to help pay for this bandwith you can make a donation using the button below.
- Its simple and elegant
- It allows one to change any specific privilege or ownership without affecting the others
(ie, changing the group without affecting the owner, or adding or removing a specific privilege without affecting all the others).
- It can recursively affect enclosed folders.
- It can Force Empty the Trash, even when it contains locked files
- Minor tweaks with localisation and the ability to remove xattrs (Extended attributes).
- Localized for Japanese, Simplified Chinese, German, French and Spanish.
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.