Cain & Abel 4.9.55
Enables network administrators to test network security, or home users to recover a variety of stored network passwords.
Cain & Abel is a password recovery tool for Microsoft Operating Systems. It allows easy recovery of various kind of passwords by sniffing the network, cracking encrypted passwords using Dictionary, Brute-Force and Cryptanalysis attacks, recording VoIP conversations, decoding scrambled passwords, revealing password boxes, uncovering cached passwords and analyzing routing protocols. The program does not exploit any software vulnerabilities or bugs that could not be fixed with little effort. It covers some security aspects/weakness present in protocol's standards, authentication methods and caching mechanisms; its main purpose is the simplified recovery of passwords and credentials from various sources, however it also ships some "non standard" utilities for Microsoft Windows users.
Cain & Abel has been developed in the hope that it will be useful for network administrators, teachers, security consultants/professionals, forensic staff, security software vendors, professional penetration tester and everyone else that plans to use it for ethical reasons. The author will not help or support any illegal activity done with this program. Be warned that there is the possibility that you will cause damages and/or loss of data using this software and that in no events shall the author be liable for such damages or loss of data. Please carefully read the License Agreement included in the program before using it.
The latest version is faster and contains a lot of new features like APR (Arp Poison Routing) which enables sniffing on switched LANs and Man-in-the-Middle attacks. The sniffer in this version can also analyze encrypted protocols such as SSH-1 and HTTPS, and contains filters to capture credentials from a wide range of authentication mechanisms. The new version also ships routing protocols authentication monitors and routes extractors, dictionary and brute-force crackers for all common hashing algorithms and for several specific authentications, password/hash calculators, cryptanalysis attacks, password decoders and some not so common utilities related to network and system security.
- Added Windows Vault Password Decoder.
- Added Windows 8 support in LSA Secret Dumper.
- Added Windows 8 support in Credential Manager Password Decoder.
- Added Windows 8 support in EditBox Revealer.
- Added ability to keep original extensions in fake certificates.
- Added support for Windows 8 RDP Client in APR-RDP sniffer filter.
- Winpcap library upgrade to version 4.1.3 (Windows8 supported)
- Added Anticache option for APR-HTTPS/APR-ProxyHTTPS (touch "If-Modified-Since" and "If-None-Match" fields in HTTP headers from client).
- Added Anticompress option for APR-HTTPS/APR-ProxyHTTPS (touch "Accept-Encoding" field in HTTP headers from client).
- Added Anticompress option for APR-IMAPS (touch "COMPRESS=DEFLATE" field in capabilities from server).
- Speed improvement in Certificate Collector.
- Speed improvement in APR engine.
- Speed improvement all APR-SSL sniffer filters.
- Added Automatic extraction of Subject Common Name (CN) from server certificates to be used as hostname in APR-SSL lists.
- Preservation of Subject Alternative Name extension in fake certificates.
- New Base64 Password Decoder dialog.
- OUI List updated.
- Several bugs fixed.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: