Sign up for a new account or log in here:
The Bat! is a powerful, highly configurable, yet easy to use email client.
Ritlabs offers SecureBat! which integrates eToken Pro token by Aladin or iKey1000 token by Rainbow Technologies.
The Bat! is an email client with every feature that an advanced user will ever need. It has a lot of security features to protect your email messages and access your email account securely. A token is a small and lightweight personal authentication device that offers everything needed to securely access your email account.
- The Bat! now supports Address space layout randomization (ASLR) under Windows Vista, please see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Address_space_layout_randomization for more information.
- The Bat! is now Restart-Manager-aware under Windows Vista. Restart Manager reduces the number of reboots required after updates and installations of applications dynamically, by temporarily stopping and restarting affected applications.
- The Bat! during MAPI connections with Exchange servers now receives meeting request and other non-email messages to Inbox folder.
- Windows Vista restart manager can update The Bat! and system components (DLLs) used by The Bat! without restarting Windows. It only restarts The Bat! and the other applications that use these DLLs. During the restart of The Bat!, all open message editors are closed, and the messages are saved as "draft" in the Outbox. You will then be able to open these drafts for further editing. To update The Bat! via the MSI (thebat_pro_X-XX-XX.msi), you don't even need to close The Bat!. Just run the MSI and follow the instructions.
- Enlarged the windows of the installation wizard (select OTFE mode and application data directory) to conform to the larger Segoe UI 9pt font under Windows Vista. The windows are now 640x480 pixels.
- Address Entry editor is now shown as a separate window on Task bar
- SipThread customization
- Now it is possible to type Font name when Font list box is opened
- Now IPV6 works under Windows 2000.
- Some IMAP leaks fix
- Now the splash screen is not over the list when displaying a list of old accounts (copied to a new machine from previous installation of The Bat!), .
- Now CR CR LF line endings are treated right
- View/Display/Advanced filtering can now be canceled by Esc (or Ctrl =)
- Fixed a deadlock when a modal dialog box (like TLS certificate error) was over the other modal dialog like "Unregistered".
- Sorting of messages POP3 dispatcher by address fields is now valid for messages which contain a pure e-mail address without the name associated with this address
- Message dispatcher displays all the addressees if a message was addressed to a list
- Now there are no memory/resource leaks in IMAP
- In the new version the original message base file is not deleted during the repair operation.
- Fixed label placement in the SMTP authentication dialog.
- In the new version is no more "No messages loaded" after folder purge
- Messages from password protected account's IMAP Inbox aren't now displayed in MailTicker
- Fixed an AV when loading/saving configuration data
- Now export filter UNC paths is working
- When there are errors during the execution of "manual filters" (invoked by hotkeys), these errors are now displayed to the user
- The Bat! MSI now fills properly the UninstallString and InstallLocation values in the "Uninstall" key in the registry ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstall").
- Fixed a memory-overrun problem that could rarely happen
- Fixed a possible memory corruption in MicroEd which might have occured in very rare occasions when deleting a word.
- Renewed MailTicker Opacity that stopped working in 3.95.08
- When is item in Customiser moved to top position, TB does not fall down anymore.
- Fixed server's message "Syntactically invalid HELO argument(s)" when sending out messages; and the local name of the computer contained national characters.
- Now it's possible to create new address book
- Message being 'Put to Outbox' is now shown
- Cosmetic fixes
- AVs on exit are fixed in the new version
- Fixed a bug with OTFE (beta issue)
- AV on exit when using auto-update without connection was fixed
- cosmetic changes on main window
- Fixed several AVs on exit
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.