BitDefender Free Edition uses the same ICSA Labs certified scanning engines found in other BitDefender products, allowing you to enjoy basic virus protection for no cost at all.
BitDefender Free Edition is an on-demand virus scanner, which is best used in a system recovery or forensics role. If you are on an "always-on" Internet connection, we strongly advise you to consider using a more complex antivirus solution.
Virus scanning and removal
On demand scanning - Powerful scan engines ensure detection and removal of all viruses in the wild every time you need it.
The Scheduler lets you plan ahead, and schedule full system/drive scans in the off hours, when you won’t be using your computer.
With just a right click you can check your files and folders.
By isolating the infected files in quarantine, the risk of getting infected diminishes. You also have the possibility to send these files for further analysis to BitDefender Labs.
When launching a scan you may choose to create a report file where you can see statistics about the scan process.
- Fixed Refresh time issues in ThreatControl
- Fixed Access denied for read-only items when trying to Delete all quarantined files
- Exclude false positives after Quarantine auto-scan
- Keep blocking of infected mail archives after Quarantine auto-scan
- Compatibility with Outpost Firewall Pro 8.1 (fixed slow boot)
- Compatibility with Windows 8.1
Apps similar to BitDefender Free Edition 5
This is a FREE anti-virus and anti-spyware utility based on Dr.Web Anti-virus scanner.
Trusted antivirus solution. It protects email, instant messages, and other files.
Innovative Cloud Security System, Unbelievably Fast and Powerful.