Unlike email, instant messages appear as soon as they're sent.
- Take Yahoo! with You
- Stay connected to Yahoo! Messenger on your mobile phone. Learn more
- Use a webcam to share live video with your friends. Learn more
- File Transfer
- Send files to friends and receive notification when they have been received. Learn more
- Express your feelings in a conversation using these little animated smiling faces.
- Free voice conversations with other Messenger users on both Mac and Windows.
- Cheap PC-to-phone calls: make calls from Messenger to landline and mobile phones at low rates with Yahoo! Phone Out.
- Receive phone calls: get a phone number for your Messenger and start taking phone calls on your computer with Yahoo! Phone In. Plus, choose your area code!
- Forward calls and voice conversations to another phone number.
- Get voicemail by email.
- Numerous improvements to stability and user experience.
- A connection to the Internet
- An active (free) Yahoo! Account
- CarbonLib 1.5 installed (if running Mac OS 9 or older)
- Broadcasting with Super Webcam requires a Quicktime-supported video input device, such as a video capture card, a USB or Firewire webcam, or a Digital Video (DV) source. Please make sure you have installed the driver software that came with your video input device before using Super Webcam in Yahoo! Messenger.
Software that can be used as an alternative to Yahoo! Messenger for Mac: