Audacity can record live audio through a microphone or mixer, or digitize recordings from cassette tapes, vinyl records, or minidiscs. With some sound cards, it can also capture streaming audio.
Import sound files, edit them, and combine them with other files or new recordings. Export your recordings in several common file formats.
- better user interface for Keyboard Preferences
- streamlining of several Menus
- LV2 now supported on all platforms, and improved VST settings interface
- translations updated, including adding Tamil language
- other improvements, including to import/export and ease of installation on Mac OS X
- user interface bug fixes to Region Restore, dragging selections, and many others
- effects bug fixes to add missing effects to Chains, fix accuracy of Analyze > Contrast, fix accuracy of Noise Removal attack and decay, and improve speed of Nyquist effects on OS X and Linux
- other bug fixes to Timeline after Loop Play, Transcription Toolbar, and Linux build issues