i.Scribe 2.00 Beta 40
Small and fast email client with an intergrated contact database and calendar.
Scribe is a small and fast email client with an intergrated contact database and calendar. It supports all the major internet mail protocols and uses international standards where possible. Scribe doesn't required installing or uninstalled and can be used from a removable drive without reconfiguration. It comes with a highly accurate bayesian spam filter and translations to many different languages. Updates are published regularly to respond to problems and to add features. Because Scribe runs on Windows, Linux and BeOS you can take your mail with you when you change operating system. And don't worry about viruses, Scribe protects you from the usual security holes in other email clients with it's own virus safe HTML control and executable attachment lockout.
- Added a logging mechanism to the user defined filters feature. This outputs a debug log to 'FilterLog.txt' in the Scribe folder. Useful for debugging whats going on during filtering.
- Contact folder that have read/write permissions set no longer cause Scribe to continually ask for a password during startup. These folders are now silently ignored until you log in.
- Fixed Bug #57: Can't set calendar start/end to midday when 24hr time format is selected.
- Fixed problems writing mail to IMAP folders, esp Groupware public folders.
- Changed the behaviour of the "Send" button on the mail window when the message has been created for a groupware public folder so that the message is not sent out over SMTP but saved into the public folder instead. A flag is now available to the message code indicating whether the message is in a public folder or a normal folder.
- Fixed deleted messages reappearing when reselecting IMAP(full) folders.
- Fixed not being able to delete IMAP(full) messages created in this session.
- Fixed some of the issues when printing the calendar in month mode. It now honours the page setup borders, prints full page, scales the title font correctly and draws wider (visible) borders on each cell.
- Fixed processing of untagged IMAP(full) messages from the server so that deletes, expunges and new messages are propagated to the client correctly. (May not be perfect yet, there is always "something else")
- Replies to messages in public folders now get written to the folder instead of sent across SMTP (to nowhere).
- The IMAP folder properties is now correctly parented so you can't lose it behind the main window.
- Added Content*Disposition headers to attachments.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.