TightVNC is a free remote control software package derived from the popular VNC software.
With TightVNC, you can see the desktop of a remote machine and control it with your local mouse and keyboard, just like you would do it sitting in the front of that computer.
- Free, GPL-licensed, with full source code available;
- Useful in remote administration, remote customer support, education, and for many other purposes;
- Cross-platform, available for Windows and Unix, compatible with other VNC software;
- Well maintained and being actively developed.
This version includes both the VNC viewer and server.
- Now all displays are shown in Viewer when monitors are connected to different graphics cards, rather then showing only one.
- No more cursor disappearing or freezing when an application window controlled remotely is dragged by its title bar.
- Added detection of a Windows key press (alone or in combination with other keys), as well as Alt -Tab combination in the full-screen mode.
- Improved a File transfer window: file listing in the directory is now case insensitive.
- Added sorting of files by Name, Size or date Modified either in ascending or descending order.
For both Server and Viewer, performance gain is achieved when TightVNC encoding is used due to accelerated JPG encoding and decoding. It is noticeable mostly on old hardware configurations.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: