Sign up for a new account or log in here:
XML Notepad 2007 provides a simple intuitive user interface for browsing and editing XML documents
Handy features include:
* Tree View synchronized with Node Text View for quick editing of node names and values.
* Incremental search (Ctrl+I) in both tree and text views, so as you type it navigates to matching nodes.
* Cut/copy/paste with full namespace support.
* Drag/drop support for easy manipulation of the tree, even across different instances of XML Notepad and from the file system.
* Infinite undo/redo for all edit operations.
* In place popup multi-line editing of large text node values.
* Configurable fonts and colors via the options dialog.
* Full find/replace dialog with support for regex and XPath.
* Good performance on large XML documents, loading a 3mb document in about one second.
* Instant XML schema validation while you edit with errors and warnings shown in the task list window.
* Intellisense based on expected elements and attributes and enumerated simple type values.
* Support for custom editors for date, dateTime and time datatypes and other types like color.
* Handy nudge tool bar buttons for quick movement of nodes up and down the tree.
* Inplace HTML viewer for processing xml-stylesheet processing instructions.
* Built-in XML Diff tool.
New features included in this version:
* Added keyboard accelerators for find again (F3) and reverse find (SHIFT+F3).
* Added support for loading IXmlBuilder and IXmlEditor implementations from different assemblies using new vs:assembly attribute.
* Made source code localizable by moving all error messages and dialog strings to .resx files.
* Added a default XSL transform.
* New icons, a play on the Vista "Notepad" icons.
Bug Fixes included in this version:
* Fixed install on Windows Vista machines using Windows Installer XML 3.0.
* Performance of expand node when validating.
* Fixed bug where changed schemas and transforms were not being re-loaded.
* Fixed spurious warnings about file being changed on disk.
* Fixed handling of very long text nodes.
* Fixed round trip of DTD content in <!DOCTYPE> tags.
* Fixed validation of elements with xsi:type attributes.
* Scroll bar not updating when node expanded/collapsed in some cases.
* Tree view needs horizontal scrollbar.
* When XML Notepad is minimized and file changes on disk, the file reload prompt is confusing. Notepad should be restored first.
* XSL output window should pick up new xsl-transform based on input document.
* Fixed unhandled exception when closing a group of XML notepad windows.
* Added registration of "Edit" action for .xml file extension.
* Move source code to CodePlex.
* Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003; Windows Vista; Windows XP
.NET Frameworks v2.0
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.