Audacity X for Mac 2.0.5
Audacity is a free audio editor. You can record sounds, play sounds, import and export WAV, AIFF, and MP3 files, and more.
Audacity allows you to record sounds, play sounds, import and export WAV, AIFF, and MP3 files, and more.
Built-in effects include Bass Boost, Wahwah, and Noise Removal, and it also supports VST plug-in effects.
Use it to edit your sounds using Cut, Copy and Paste (with unlimited Undo), mix tracks together, or apply effects to your recordings.
Audacity also has a built-in amplitude envelope editor, a customizable spectrogram mode and a frequency analysis window for audio analysis applications.
Audacity 2.0.5 replaces all previous versions. It fixes crashes or hangs that were reported in Audacity 2.0.4 on some machines, and contains many other bug fixes and stability improvements.
- (OS X) Crashes when importing audio files are fixed.
- (OS X) Files can now be opened using Finder "Open with", and by double-click or dragging to the Audacity icon.
- (OS X) Audio Unit plug-ins are not loaded until used. This makes Audacity start faster and avoids startup crashes due to incompatible plug-ins.
- (Windows) On a very few machines, the Windows WDM-KS low latency host caused Audacity 2.0.4 to hang or the computer to crash. WDM-KS has been removed from Audacity 2.0.5 while we work on safely enabling this host. WDM-KS will still be available for testing in the Windows alpha development builds.
- (Windows) Fixed a bug where Audacity would not record until the current input was reselected.
- (Linux) You can now navigate through an effect or other dialog using keyboard TAB.
- LAME MP3 Encoder Library.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: