Shareaza is the most luxurious and sophisticated file sharing system you'll find.
Shareaza is a peer-to-peer client for Windows that allows you to download any file-type found on several popular P2P networks. Shareaza is free & contains NO Spyware or third-party products. Shareaza can connect to up to 4 separate Peer-to-Peer networks, providing access to hundreds of thousands of diverse users, all from one single program. You can download/upload from these networks: EDonkey2000, Gnutella, BitTorrent and Gnutella2 (G2).
- The ability to download the same file simultaneously from multiple networks.
- Scheduler, which allows users to schedule tasks on Shareaza for a later period.
- Media Player - unlike some peer-to-peer software's media players, Shareaza's completely bypasses corruption and merges file chunks into one, creating a previewable video from virtually any amount of downloaded segments. This does not include sound in MPEGs however.
- Complete unicode support, as well as numerous translations.
- New interface with multiple color schemes
- Unlimited music downloads
- Share your profile, photos and music
- iPod and MP3 players support!
- Make new friends and connect with old ones
- Discover and download music and HD quality videos
- The ability to 'skin' the interface, allowing users to change its appearance and more...
- Fixed crash due incorrectly translated text in Português.
- Fixed download size range of download properties dialogue.
- New torrent codepage defaulted to UTF-8.
- Set default chunk size to 256 KB (for compatibility).
- Fixed garbage "hosts" from broken Web-caches.
- Fixed adding sources to just downloaded file in library.
- Implemented BTH adding to library file on torrent seeding.
- Removed Discovery.EnableG1GWC option to help connecting when no Gnutella 1 UDP-cache can be found.
- Fixed adding URLs with comma.
- Fixed downloading from silent FTP-servers.
- Fixed downloading with unknown file size (downloads stuck in verified state bug).
- Added "Content-Disposition:" HTTP-header to uploads.
- Fixed "X-Thex-URI" uploads header (real tiger tree height and ed2k hashset).
- Fixed tracker parameter of BitTorrent magnet-link
- Optimized BitTorrent tracker request code (no more freezes on download closing).
- Limited download sources amount ("Downloads.SourcesWanted" option) to avoid freezes on very popular torrents with thousands of sources.
- Fixed "disappearing" trackers.
- Fixed "stuck at 99.9%" download.
- Optimized source requests timings (ED2K, BT).
- Optimized uploading file chunk size (now 1000 KB).
- Added new option BitTorrent.PeerID. Use this peer ID (if set) for BitTorrent trackers in form of "CCvvvv" where "CC" - agent code ("SZ", "UT" etc,), v.v.v.v - version.
- Fixed media window volume control.
- Fixed media window speed control.
- Fixed playlist repeat and loop operations.
- Added played file (blue) marker in the playlist.
- Added speed label to media window status bar.
- Added player plugin unloading on every file (for compatibility).
- Added fullscreen on mouse middle button.
- Added "Rename" button inside Download properties dialog.
- Added "Rebuild" item to Library file menu.
- Now thumbnails can be refreshed by "Rebuild" or "Refresh metadata" operations.
- Added clearing of recent searches to "Clear History Now" button in options.
- Fixed wrongly interface language resetting to "English" due new user login.
- Fixed connected time on Home tab being slow (ticket #184).
- Fixed search window message (ticket #3; OldDeath)
- Trying to make less annoying hash window (added WSEXNOACTIVATE style).
- Fixed file selection in Library (was not properly selected if file folder was collapsed).
- Fixed IRC chat notification icon.
- Added thumbnails generation in collection wizard, added thumbnails to "basicCollection" template.
Internal and functional changes
- Fixed "Download Now" menu item (ticket #198)
- Re-factored new download creation code.
- Fixed crash in media player visualizations.
- Limited number of saved or loaded sources - 500 per download
- Added removing of duplicate ghost files on library load
- Separated tracker and file errors (in download tooltip).
- Fixed RegExp filter (crash in host browser window, inverted state in search window, interface issues, duplicate code).
- Re-factored and optimized thread code (affects among other things download tasks, tracker requests and ed2k importing).
- Fixed dropping sources during merging with local files process.
- Fixed missing download preview file.
- Re-factored packet handling (CBuffer class).
- Added experimental support for Snarl notification (http://www.getsnarl.info/), added new option "Interface.Snarl".
- Adjusted locks during Library periodic scans.
- Disabled unneeded part of BZlib.
- Fixed Windows XP incompatibility (issue #208).
- Added new collection variable: $title$ - name of album folder.
- Fixed "GeneralPurpleCollection" and "VideoCollection" collection templates.
- Fixed deadlock on Shareaza exit when "merge with download" task was not completed. Refactored download task class.
- Fixed stack overflow error when tooltip window was shown while Shareaza suffers overload.
- Fixed another deadlock when merging tasks are active.
- Added manifest for player plugin.
- Fixed player plugin rare freeze if file has an unknown format.
- Added workaround against "frozen" plugins.
- Fixed plugin registration under non-administrative account ( ticket #98 ).
- Fixed black thumbnails of unsupported video files.
- Added Comic Book support i.e. cbr, cbz and cb7 file extensions but only as archives.
- Fixed plugin code freeze when external plugin crashed.
- Added JAR extension.
- Added CB7 extension as archive type (handled by 7Zip).
- Updated GeoIP database.
- Updated Zlib 1.2.5 -> 1.2.8
- Updated UnRar 184.108.40.206 -> 220.127.116.111
- Updated SQLite 18.104.22.168 -> 22.214.171.124
- Fixed TorrentWizard compilation in V$2008.
- Updated Setup script for new Inno Setup version 5.5.2
- Fixed UPnP checkbox (due unicode).
- Re-enabled Windows Firewall checkbox.
- Enabled compilation of the installer separate from VS.
and last but not least...
- Fixed tons of (mostly very rare) crashes ;)
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.