AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) 188.8.131.52 Beta 2
AOL AIM is the next generation release of AOL Instant Messenger.
AIMŪ 7 is the next generation of instant messaging software. We listened to your requests and added lots of new features. Plus, we streamlined the software to make sure it's fast enough to keep up with you. Install AIM 6.0 and never look back.
* Alternatively you can download the latest non-beta version of this software.
Offline IMs Don't miss out on your IMs just because you're busy. AIM 7.0 lets you retrieve the messages you missed while you were offline.
IM Grouping Keep all of your IMs organized in one easy window. AIM 7.0 makes managing your social life even easier.
IM Logging AIM 7.0 lets you save your IM conversations on your computer. Now you'll never have to worry about remembering what one of your friends said to you.
Picture Sharing Share your pictures with your buddies with AIM 6.0. The new drag-and-drop interface makes it a snap.
Bigger Buddy List We've doubled the number of buddies you can have on your Buddy ListŪ window. AIM 7.0 makes it easy to stay in touch with up to 1,000 of your closest friends.
PC to PC Chat AIM 7.0 integrates seamlessly with AIMŪ Phoneline. Keep on talking with your friends, even if your fingers are tired of typing.
Innovative Wallpapers These wallpapers are interactive - they work with AIM 6.0 and have lots of hidden surprises waiting for you to discover.
AIM Pages AIM 6.0 brings profiles to a whole new life. We'll start your AIMŪ Page off with some vanity info, and you fill in the rest.
About the Download
Installing AIM 7.0 overwrites any AIM Triton software that you might have on your machine. However, you can still use AIM 5.9, too. This new version doesn't overwrite the AIM 6.0 software.
* Fixed an issue where your Buddy list would resize itself on Windows 7 if closed on first launch
* Fixed it where toggling the display of Buddy Icons will now have an effect on AIM Blast conversations
* Fixed an experience where switching from a saved away message to invisible and back to the same saved away message, you would be Away but using your old status message
* Fixed the extra line that appeared between IMs if wallpaper was displayed
* Fixed a bug where users were being switched from invisible to available when unlocking their PC
* Fixed a problem where users with IE6 were having messages disappear in their IM history (this was the most reported bug)
* Fixed a bug where the IM window would grow each time it was minimized and reopened
* Open a new IM window and you'll see a large view of your friend's Buddy Icon
* Identify new unread IM's easily with a large orange exclamation point, instead of green
* Reduce or expand your IM window size to meet your viewing needs
* Dock your Buddy List again to the left or right side of your screen
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: