Carbon Copy Cloner 3.4.4b1 for Mac OS X
Carbon Copy Cloner is a backup/cloning utility for Mac OS X.
Carbon Copy Cloner is considered the most cost-effective, easy-to-use backup solution available for Mac OS X.
* Alternatively you can download the latest stable version of this software.
- Local (i.e., not over a network connection), HFS+ formatted partition or hard drive.
- Mounted disk image. Cloning to a disk image will (obviously), not yield a bootable volume unless you use CCC to restore the image to a physical partition or disk.
- Firewire disks including iPods
- CCC will not backup directly to CDs or DVD-R discs, though you can backup to an appropriately sized disk image, then burn the image to disc with Toast or Disk Copy.
- Any machine that supports Mac OS X (officially).
- BSD subsystem installed (which is installed by default).
- Support for block-level disk-to-disk clones.
- Support for backing up across the network.
- The ability to drill down into folders to select exactly what gets copied and what doesn't (you can drill down indefinitely).
- A more responsive interface and the ability to stop the clone.
- More accurate feedback during the clone.
- The ability to pick up where a previously aborted backup task left off.
- More information about your disks are available within the CCC interface.
- Advanced scheduling capabilities -- choose what days to run your backups and how frequently they should run. You can also defer a backup if it starts at an inopportune time.
- Now you can create a scheduled task that backs up your data whenever you attach a specific hard drive or iPod.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.