Sylpheed is a simple, lightweight but featureful, and easy-to-use e-mail client (mailer, MUA).
Sylpheed runs on Unix-like systems such as Linux, BSD, and Mac OS X. It also supports Windows. Sylpheed uses GTK+ GUI toolkit. The newest version of Sylpheed works with GTK+ 2.4 or later (2.6 or later is recommended). Sylpheed is a free software distributed under the GNU GPL (the library part is GNU LGPL). You can freely use, modify and redistribute it under the license.
- Simple, beautiful, and well-polished user interface
- Comfortable operationality which is built in detail
- Well-organized, easy-to-understand configuration
- Lightweight operation
- High reliability
- Internationalization and Multilingualization support
- High-level Japanese processing
- Various protocols support
- Security features (GnuPG, SSL/TLSv1)
- Powerful filtering and search
- Junk mail control
- Flexible cooperation with external commands
- The ability of opening external eml files was added.
- Sylpheed now accepts mailto: and file: URL without command-line option. (sylpheed file:///path/to/file.eml)
- Attached files can be opened from the attachment tool menu.
- 'Export only selected messages' option was added to the message export dialog.
- The option to specify the position of the attach tool button was added.
- The header labels on the header view now have tooltips.
- Win32: mailto and .eml association are automatically set to default on Windows 7 on installation.
- The sylpheed.desktop file was modified so that desktop shells can recognize Sylpheed as rfc822 and mailto handler.
- Attached files are now placed first on the message view.
- The attachment tool menu was moved to the left of the header view.
- The option 'Toggle attachment list view with tab' and 'Show attached files first on message view' were added at 'Common preferences - Display - Attachment'.
- The import/export of messages became cancellable.
- config.rpath and install-sh script in the tarball were updated.
- The Japanese manual was updated.
- Win32: included libtiff library was updated to 3.9.7 (security fix).
- Some compilation fixes were made.
- A minor memory leak related to tooltips was fixed.
- The drag-without-button-press bug on IMAP folders was fixed (#93).
- The sylpheed.spec file was fixed so that it builds on x86_64 platform, and also builds sylpheed-plugins package.
- IMAP FETCH command response parser was fixed.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.