Sylpheed is a simple, lightweight but featureful, and easy-to-use e-mail client (mailer, MUA).
Sylpheed runs on Unix-like systems such as Linux, BSD, and Mac OS X. It also supports Windows. Sylpheed uses GTK+ GUI toolkit. The newest version of Sylpheed works with GTK+ 2.4 or later (2.6 or later is recommended). Sylpheed is a free software distributed under the GNU GPL (the library part is GNU LGPL). You can freely use, modify and redistribute it under the license.
- Simple, beautiful, and well-polished user interface
- Comfortable operationality which is built in detail
- Well-organized, easy-to-understand configuration
- Lightweight operation
- High reliability
- Internationalization and Multilingualization support
- High-level Japanese processing
- Various protocols support
- Security features (GnuPG, SSL/TLSv1)
- Powerful filtering and search
- Junk mail control
- Flexible cooperation with external commands
- IMAP: "INBOX" folder became case insensitive as specified in RFC 3501.
- IMAP: server name for cache directory is escaped now (fixes cache creation when using IPv6 address for server name on Windows).
- IMAP: the bug that double-quote (") and backslash () in folder/username/password were not escaped and could not be used on IMAP4 was fixed.
- IMAP: parsing of folder names that contain brackets was fixed.
- Config.guess and config.sub included in the tarball were updated to the latest version.
- The bug that 'File - Folder - Move folder...' menu didn't work was fixed.
- The bug that MIME nest level restriction was not working was fixed.
- Many defects discovered by Coverity Scan were fixed:
- FILE handle resource leaks
- memory leaks
- possible buffer overrun
- strict error checks
- correct null pointer checks
- Win32: the tray icon is recreated when explorer.exe crashes now.
- Win32: the included SSL certificates were updated (based on ca-certificates20111211all.deb in Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS).
- Win32: OpenSSL was updated to 0.9.8y.
- Win32: libpng was updated to 1.2.51.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: