Sign up for a new account or log in here:
Sophos Anti-Rootkit, finds and removes any rootkit that is hidden on your computer.
The term rootkit is used to define a Trojan (or technology) used to hide the presence of a malicious object (process, file, registry key, network port) from the computer user or administrator. Removing rootkits without compromising system integrity is particularly challenging and needs to be done with care. Sophos Anti-Rootkit, finds and removes any rootkit that is hidden on your computer.
* Scans running processes, windows registry and local hard drives for rootkits.
* Identifies known rootkits and selects, by default, files for removal which will remove the rootkit component of the malware without compromising OS integrity.
* Allows users to remove unidentified hidden files, but does not allow removal of essential system files when hidden by an identified rootkit.
* Once the user has run a scan, the screen prompts the user through the necessary steps until every rootkit has been removed.
* Users can switch between the GUI and command-line functionality.
* Both context sensitive and command-line help are available.
* Enhanced detection and cleanup facilities.
* Users can install and uninstall Sophos Anti-Rootkit using standard Windows procedures (i.e. the Windows Start menu, and the Windows Add/Remove Programs menu option).
* The file sarscan.log is cumulative and is timestamped. The file sarclean.log is cumulative and is not timestamped.
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.