Home › Downloads › Organizers
Jajuk 1.10.6 for Mac OS X
Jajuk is a Java music organizer for all platforms.
The main goal of this project is to provide a fully*featured application to advanced users with large or scattered music collections. Jajuk supports MP3, OGG Vorbis, AU, AIFF, WAV and SPEEX audio formats. Jajuk is a Free Software published under GPL license.
Jajuk supports MP3, OGG Vorbis, AU, AIFF, WAV and SPEEX audio formats. Jajuk is a Free Software published under GPL license.
- Maximum features: Jajuk is made firstly for advanced users looking for powerful functionalities
- Maximum portability and integration: 100% pure Java but native packaging and features like tray
- Maximum usability: Jajuk is designed to be intuitive, fast and provide multiple ways to perform the same operation
- Only for music: Jajuk will never become a multi*media (video, pictures...) jukebox
- Standard player functions: repeat, shuffle, intro, fast forward/rewind, mute, volume, position in track... Advanced player functions :
- Push: Add track(s) in the player queue
- Planned tracks: See user selection next tracks in queue
- Recursive play/repeat/shuffle/push in directories/sub*directories or by style/author/albums...
- Intro from a track % and with a specified length
- Full shuffle in entire collection
- Bestof special function: play your favorite tracks
- Novelties special function: play your collection last albums
- Continue special function: continue in the current album and stop a shuffle Search functions:
- Web navigator-like history bar
- Instant search box : perform instant search on style/author/track name... when typing
- Table filter : you can filter tracks with any criteria Graphical Interface:
- Eclipse-like graphical interface : Jajuk windows are divided into perspectives and views for a good functionnal separation.
- Advanced docking by drag and drop
- Several Look and feel supported with dynamic switching: Liquid, Metal, Windows, GTK, Kunststoff, Plastic...
- Covers support
- Local covers display
- Auto-covers grabbing from the web with possibility to store them on your disk or make them your default cover Playlist support:
- Dynamic playlist creation by drag and drop
- Bestof special playlist
- Bookmarks special playlist
- Novelties special playlist
- Devices synchronization : unidirectional or bidirectional, full or partial.
- Collection stats : get charts for your collection : style repartition, size by device, history etc...
- Physical/logical separation : you can navigate into physical directories and files or into logical styles, authors, albums, tracks.
- Indexing method : Jajuk doesn't read id3 tags or directory structure at each startup but save them in a XML database. It allows a fast startup even for very large collections (bench:10 sec to start a 140Go collection on a P4 1.8Ghz).
- Unmounted devices support : you can navigate into unmounted devices ( CDs for exemple ). So you get a full view of your collection at any time. Nice feature if you have plenty of music CDs. This behavior can be disabled.
- Multi-language and easy to translate, see translation howto.
- Fast collection builder : a cd scanner allows you to create a jajuk collection of tens of CDs in only few minutes.
- Tray support under windows and Linux
- Full-featured online help
- Automatic rate support
- Various startup modes: none, last one, last one keep position, specified, shuffle, novelties, bestof.
- Presets and custom webradios are listed in a table and can be launched by double-cliking
- New wizard to add custom radio
- Shows a genre for each webradio
- Supports radio filtering by any radio property (genre, name...)
- Columns can be selected and the selection is saved
- This new view is displayed by default along with the Queue view
- Java : JRE 1.4.2 and above.
- JRE ( Java runtime environment ) can be obtained for free from the Sun Microsystems website : http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
- Screen resolution : at least 800x600, 1280x1024 and higher recommended.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.