UltraExplorer is an extremely customizable Unicode enabled replacement for Windows Explorer.
UltraExplorer's main purpose is to test these components but it can also be useful to anyone looking for a Windows Explorer replacement application.
UltraExplorer feature list is aimed at making file management and navigation fast and easier then ever before:
* Fully configurable user interface
- All windows are reconfigurable with multiple docking options as well as the ability to float or be hidden
- ToolWindows have Toolbars that maybe hidden or docked in any location.
- User definable shortcut keys
- User definable visual themes
* Fully configurable layouts
- Classic Treeview/Listview layout
- Dual Listview layout
- New ListMode layout
- Any combination of the above can also be designed
* Ultra fast display rendering and folder enumeration
* Fully integrated Tabbing feature
- Tabbing is context sensitive to which listview is currently active
- "New Tab" initial location user definable
- The Tabs are drag drop aware. You can drop files on the tab to place them in the folder.
* Bug Fix: Fixed AV when moving a file with CTRL Drag then selecting a new file
* Bug Fix: Fixed AV when using "Add All Tabs to Favorites"
* Bug Fix: Fixed not hot tracking in the BreadCrumb Bar with "Lock Toolbars" enabled.
* Bug Fix: Fixed bug in Tab Order
* Bug Fix: Fixed bug in Listview not responding to Numeric Keys
* Bug Fix: Fixed problem with BreadCrumb Bar hiding itself if double clicking on it
* Bug Fix: Fixed problem with Tabs not saving history of Mapped, Removable, and Network Drives when switching away from the Tab then returning to it
* Bug Fix: Fixed bug where Favorites could be added as sub-Folders of Favorites items that where not categories but actual files and folders
* Bug Fix: Fixed bug in saving Tab information. Tabs would revert to last folder in the history when switching back to tab.
* Feature: Changed the way CTRL-F works. Does not toggle Quick Search bar, always shows it and sets the focus to the edit ready to type
* Feature:: Selectable if the History Window is unique per Tab or global across all Tabs
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.