Kiwi CatTools 3.7.0
Provides automated device configuration management on routers, switches and firewalls.
Kiwi CatTools is a freeware application that provides automated device configuration management on routers, switches and firewalls.
Some of the many tasks Kiwi CatTools performs to make your life easier are:
- Backup the configuration of your device and have any differences instantly e-mailed to you.
- Issue commands via Telnet or SSH to many devices at once.
- Change the configuration of devices at scheduled times.
- Change all your network device passwords in one go.
- Compare the running config of a device to the startup config and have any differences instantly e-mailed to you.
CatTools has a built-in TFTP server, supports SSH, Telnet and more.
Features & Benefits:
- Multi-threaded operation for faster backups and data gathering
- Activities can be scheduled or "Run Now"
- Encrypted device database
- Optional password protection for program and device database access
- Telnet, SSH1, SSH1.5 (Cisco), SSH2 connectivity
- "Connect via" intermediary devices.
- Import/Export of devices via tab delimited text files
- Built-in report viewing window
- Built in multithreaded TFTP Server
- Standard version runs on Windows 95 / 98 / ME / NT4 / 2000 / XP / 2003 Server
- Service version runs on Windows NT4 / 2000 / XP / 2003 Server
- Modified Cisco.Router.General for Device.Backup.Running Config activity to check for 'buggy' device IOS versions of the device enable prompt which may contain NULL characters between the carriage return , line feed and device hostname.
- Modified Cisco.Router.General to remove checking for "%Error opening" text in output of 'show tech' command which would cause Device.CLI.Send commands activity to fail on certain devices.
- Modified Cisco.Switch.IOS to remove checking for "%Error opening" text and "Error:" text in output of 'show tech' command which would cause Device.CLI.Send commands activity to fail on certain devices.
- Modified Juniper.Application.Accelerator adding "# Created locally at" to ignore text for Device.Backup.Running Config activity.
- Fixed bug in Cisco.Router.General for the Device.Backup.Running Config activity, where the config would intermittently be truncated if CatTools encounters the 'prompt hostname#' config line in the command output.
- Removed testing code block from Client.Custom.Activity.Template.txt which causes script error if copied across into user custom activity script files.
- Fixed bug in Manager interface startup routine which would cause CPU to max out under certain conditions. Also resolves intermittent startup error of 'Unable to start timer. Database is not connected.'
Alternatively you can download the latest beta version of this software.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.