It offers a wide range of powerful features; all through an easy to use application interface and Windows Explorer integration.
- Create custom data, music and mixed-mode projects and record them to physical compact discs or disc images.
- Create and record disc images.
- Create direct disc copies, on the fly or by using a temporary disc image.
- Erase (blank) rewritable discs using four different methods.
- Import session data from multi-session discs and append more sessions to that kind of discs.
- Fixate discs (write lead-out information to prevent further data from beeing added to the disc).
- Scan the SCSI/IDE bus for devices and collect detailed information about their capabilities.
- Display detailed disc information.
- Read and save audio and data tracks to files (wav. and .iso)
- Scan selected tracks for errors.
- Modern customizable Windows Explorer like interface.
- Drag and drop files from the explorer view of the program and Windows Explorer to the project view.
- Uses different poject view layouts for different type of projects to make the users work easier.
- Features a separate express application designed to guide the user to the most essential tools as quick and easy as possible.
- Fully translatable interfaces for the main application, express application and the shell extension.
- Integrates with explorer and adds new shell context menu options.
- Record saved projects and disc images.
- Open and edit saved projects.
- Highly customizable, can be displayed in a submenu and with or without menu icons.
- The shell extension can be registered with any file extension that the user wants.
- Updated cdrtools to version 2.01.01a38.
- Fixed a bug making InfraRecorder crash when trying to move a folder to itself.
- Fixed a bug causing the wrong folder to be opened when double-clicking in the project list view when a project contained folders with identical names.
- Fixed a bug causing the focus not to be returned to the OK button in the progress dialog after performing an operation.
- Fixed icon rendering error on Windows XP and newer where display depth is lower than 32-bits.
- Changed the option to verify the device configuration at start up to be enabled by default.
- Added support for associating InfraRecorder with disc images.
- Updated the some of the dialog windows to be minimizable and visible on the task bar when launced by an external application (like irExpress).
- Fixed a bug causing incorrect file names to be used when verifying recorded discs.
- Added functionallity to rename and remove files from imported sessions.
- Added support for selecting which multi-session track to import.
- When trying to record to a non-empty rewritable disc, InfraRecorder now asks if the disc should be erased.
- When performing an operation the progress is now also displayed in the taskbar.
- Reduced memory usage when dealing with projects.
- Fixed a bug making it impossible to open saved projects containing no files.
- Included a Thai translation, thanks to Prasit Kaephukhieo!
- Improved compatibility with the ISO9660 standard.
- Added support for creating UDF-only file systems.
- Added support for Unicode files names in Joliet extension and UDF file system.
- Added support for fragmented files in ISO9660 level 3. Files larger than 4 GiB can now be recorded to an ISO9660 file system.
- Removed mkisofs and isoinfo dependencies.
- Fixed some bugs related to importing disc sessions.
- Added properties menu item when right-clicking on the project tree root node.
- Added proper flagging of hidden files in the disc file system.
- Changed the default write method for multi-session projects to TAO.
- Fixed a bug causing InfraRecorder to crash when renaming project files to include slash or backslash characters.
- Added the .img extension to the list of supported disc image extensions.
- A few cosmetic changes.
- Included an Arabic translation, thanks to Circoficus!
Software that can be used as an alternative to InfraRecorder: