Sign up for a new account or log in here:
Can terminate almost any process on a computer.
The application uses "Kill lists" to specify which processes that should be terminated. It is possible to have several lists on the PC and then select which list the application should use. The application then uses the methods in the PSAPI included in the Microsoft Platform SDK
The kill list contains the full names of the processes to be terminated - or as I prefer to call it - killed.
So if you for example want to terminate Microsoft Word swiftly, simply add Winword.exe to your kill list and fire away.
The application will kill any process that is included in the kill list,including some services and applications being debugged (which is VERY useful).
Each process on the kill list can also be "tagged" by the application. This will make the Kill Process app terminate the undesired application as soon as it spawns. This is done trough continuously polling the PSAPI for a new process list, and compare the new applications against the kill list. The polling time can be defined by the user, in order to tune the usage of the CPU.
Version 2.42 2007-06-26
* It is now possible to remember the size of the main window
thanks to suggestion by Steve 2007-02-05
* Made some improvements to the COM interface in KillProcess.dll
+ added documentation for it in the application help.
* Fixed so that the application will not hang when trying to
show other hung applications
* Improved the show window function to be a little more clever.
* Improved so that it is possible to select for which user
the Autorun feature shall affect (Current or All users)
* Fixed bug in Replace Task Manager feature after bugreport from
Carey Barnett 2007-04-11
* Fixed the application layout of buttons and menuitems according to
Microsoft GUI Guidelines & Standards
* Improved the visibility of the "Resurrect Process" feature
after suggestion made by Mtr Alshammari 2007-05-22
This includes introducing a new button for the feature in the
main dialog and moving it in the application menus.
* Fixed so that application windows be resized too small.
* Upgraded to NSIS version 2.27
* Possible to multiselect processes in kill list editor
after suggestion made by Mluse 2007-06-08
* Increased size of kill list editor
* Changed so that the scanning feature will be more vicious and
scan more actively for all running processes, since the previous
functionallity confused a lot of users...
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.