UltraDefrag is powerful Open Source defragmentation tool for Windows NT.
UltraDefrag is the first open source disk defragmenter for Windows which supports defragmentation of system locked files by running during the Windows boot process. Also one of the primary goals of the program is doing the job as fast as possible.
It's engine is very fast, because it is created as kernel-mode driver. They are three interfaces to them: graphical, console and native. First is very useful, because it use cluster map visualization. Console is good for task scheduler, and native tool – for advanced users and programmers. Design of the UltraDefrag is very ergonomic: no skins, no localization, no animation and so on. It’s true small and powerful program! It can be used on Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Vista. NT 4.0 support is currently unavailable.
Features and restrictions:
- Boot Time Defragmentation for system file processing
- Console interface for batch processing or setting up scheduled tasks
- Graphical user interface to follow the process visually
- Process single files or folders from the Explorer context menu
- Specialized processing algorithms for each situation
- Available for both 32bit and 64bit Windows
- Optional dryrun to get a preview of the resulting disk usage
- Installer no longer warns about Windows 8 being untested
- shortened the delay after hitting the finish button of the installer
- increased Windows 8 compatibility
- the following translations were added:
- the following translations were updated:
- Chinese (Traditional), Filipino (Tagalog), Italian, Portuguese, Spanish (AR),
- Ukrainian, Vietnamese
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: