Home › Downloads › Game Demos
Marble Blast Gold 1.6 for Mac OS X
Roll your marble through a rich cartoon landscape of moving platforms and dangerous hazards.
Marble Blast Gold is an arcade action game with simple yet addictive gameplay, suitable for players of any age. In the rich cartoon landscape of Marble Blast Gold, players will race their marbles through moving platforms, dangerous hazards, sparkling treasures and power up enhancements in an effort to complete each course in record time.
Marble Blast Gold introduces new players to the game with a set of progressively more difficult beginner training levels, each designed to showcase a power up or game hazard. The hazards players will face in Marble Blast include powerful fans, whirling tornados, land mines, pinball-style bumpers, narrow catwalks, moving pistons, dizzying chasms, and more.
To get past these obstacles, players can find and use five different ability enhancing power ups - the SuperSpeed, SuperJump, SuperBounce, Shock Absorber and Gyrocopter. Some levels contain gravity modifiers, which allow the player to change the direction of gravity.
Marble Blast Gold comes with 100 whimsical and challenging levels, as well as the ability for advanced players to craft and share their own levels. Each level has "gold standard" set for the high score, so you can test your skills against the record gold times.
Marble Blast Gold is sure to provide many hours of fun for the whole family.
Beginner Levels- Are designed for learning how to play Marble Blast Gold. Here are some samples:
· Learning to Roll - Getting ready to roll takes some practice.
· Jump Training - Using the space bar to jump to the upper ramp.
· Air Movement - Spinning the marble in mid-air to guide your fall.
· Platform Training - Catching the platform to move between towers.
· Learn to SuperJump - Using the SuperJump powerup to the big leaps.
· Learn the SuperSpeed - Using SuperSpeed to get where you need to go.
· Gyrocopter - Teach your marble to fly!
· SuperBounce - Using the left mouse button to power up your SuperBounce.
· ShockAbsorber - Minimize your fall with the SuperAbsorber
· Gravity Helix - Fiddle with physics and roll your marble upside down.
· Bumper Training - Avoid them unless you enjoy being a first person pinball.
· Duct Fan Hazards - This level will blow you away, literally.
· Mine Field - Some times hitting a mine can be a Blast, but doesnt get high score.
· Tornado Bowl, Trapdoors & Pitfalls Oh my! - Did we mention falling off the platform is nearly unrecoverable?
Intermediate Levels The fun really takes off on these levels, here are just a few:
· Skate Park - You gotta skate for the gems.
· Fork in the Road - When you come to fork in the road take it.
· Marbletris - Collect all the gems in less than a minute.
· SkeetBall Bonus - Go through the highest opening for the largest time bonus.
· Gauntlet - Gives time trials a whole new meaning.
· The Wave - Surf the wave and collect all the gems in less than 45 seconds.
· Monster Speedway - Youll need to take a pit stop to finish the race.
· Upward Spiral - Follow the yellow brick road to the top.
Advanced Levels This is where you know if youre up to the Marble Blast challenge:
· A-Maze-ing - You may feel like a rat in a maze before you finish this level. The Gold edition provides 28 additional expert uber levels to test even the most skilled of players.
· Half Pipe Elite - Grab the gems as you do trick moves between the half-pipes.
· Eshers Race - Find the gems as quickly as you can.
· Skyscraper - Deliver all the gems to the top of the skyscraper.
· Tube Treasure - Totally tubular this level makes finding the gems fastest a pipe dream.
· To the Moon - You gotta shoot your way to the moon or at least to the landing pad..
· Around the World in 30 seconds - Not for those afraid of heights
· Will o Wisp - Dont make a miss step.
Gold Edition 28 advanced levels to challenge even expert players:
· Airwalk - Defy gravity as you manuver over a field of fans.
· Battlements - Make your way to the inner keep of the castle.
· Pinball Wizard - No arcade is complete without a game of pinball.
· King of the Mountain - You must pass a series of challenges to assend up the path to the peak.
· G4 Processor Recommended.
· 64 MB RAM.
· OpenGL Compatible 3D Graphics Accelerator.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.