Zipeg is a universal free file opener for .zip and .rar files. With just a click you can open a file and see what is inside. Find exactly what you are looking for and extract it. Zipeg is for everyone.
Short video on the left shows how to use Zipeg to open and unpack a multi-part password protected file.
- popular: .zip, .rar, .7z, .tar, .gz, .tgz, .bzip2, .iso, .cbr, .cbz formats;
- rare: .arj, .lha .lzh, .cpio, .rpm, .chm, .z, .war, .ear
- decrypts password protected .zip and .rar files (strong AES encryption).
- auto-magically combines and opens multipart .zip and .rar files.
- shows content of archive and allow you to select what to extract.
- groks filenames in national alphabets (both code pages and unicode).
- super fast "hover over" preview using EXIF thumbnails for photographs.
- ideal for opening multiple gmail attachments downloaded as zip file.
- useful for opening and browsing Facebook backup zip files.
Apps similar to Zipeg for Mac OS X 6
WinRAR is a powerful archive manager. It can backup your data and reduce the size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files.
If the command line is not your thing - here's a GUI front-end for unrar.
The Unarchiver is a much more capable replacement for "Archive Utility.app", the built-in archive extraction program on macOS.