Windows Vista Service Pack 1 RC1 - 64bit stand-alone package
Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) RC should be used to update a PC running Windows Vista RTM to Windows Vista SP1.
This standalone package will install SP1 as well as any applicable pre-requisite packages.
The All-Language standalone package supports installations on all versions of Windows Vista with one or a combination of the 36 Windows Vista languages installed.
* Supported Operating Systems: Windows Vista Business 64-bit edition; Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit edition; Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit edition; Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition; Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition
Uninstall Instructions for Windows Vista SP1 RC:
Windows Vista SP1 RC does not support build-to-build upgrades. If you install this build to your system, you need to uninstall it before moving to the final Vista SP1 RTM version.
Prerequisite packages (KB935509, KB937287 and KB938371) for Window Vista SP1 are permanent and unistall of these packages is disabled by design. During the installation of Windows Vista SP1 RC, the installer determines whether or not you need the prerequisite packages and updates your system automatically.
To uninstall Windows Vista SP1 RC use the follwing steps:
1. Click on the Start Menu and go to Control Panel
2. Double click on Programs and Features
3. On the left side menu, select View Installed Updates
4. Under the list of Microsoft Windows, select Service Pack for Windows (KB936330)
5. On the top minu, click on Uninstall
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.