Microsoft Image Composite Editor 22.214.171.124
Microsoft Image Composite Editor uses a powerful stitching engine to create panoramic photos.
Microsoft Image Composite Editor is an advanced panoramic image stitcher. Given a set of overlapping photographs of a scene shot from a single camera location, the application creates a high-resolution panorama that seamlessly combines the original images. The stitched panorama can be shared with friends and viewed in 3D by uploading it to the Photosynth web site. Or the panorama can be saved in a wide variety of image formats, from common formats like JPEG and TIFF to the multiresolution tiled format used by Silverlight's Deep Zoom and by the HD View and HD View SL panorama viewers.
* Accelerated stitching on multiple CPU cores
* Ability to publish, view, and share panoramas on the Photosynth web site
* Support for "structured panoramas" — panoramas consisting of hundreds of photos taken in a rectangular grid of rows and columns (usually by a robotic device like the GigaPan tripod heads)
* No image size limitation — stitch gigapixel panoramas
* Support for input images with 8 or 16 bits per component
* Ability to read raw images using WIC codecs
* Photoshop layer and large document support
* State-of-the-art stitching engine
* Automatic exposure blending
* Choice of planar, cylindrical, or spherical projection
* Orientation tool for adjusting panorama rotation
* Automatic cropping to maximum image area
* Native support for 64-bit operating systems
* Wide range of output formats, including JPEG, TIFF, BMP, PNG, HD Photo, and Silverlight Deep Zoom
Microsoft Image Composite Editor is provided free of charge and without official support. However, if you have questions or issues with Image Composite Editor, you may find help at the Image Composite Editor Forum, which is monitored by the developers and provides community-based support.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.