CrossOver for Mac 13.0.1
Run Windows apps without needing Windows, windows applications seamlessly integrated on Mac OS X.
With CrossOver Games, you can run many popular Windows games on your Intel OS X Mac or Linux PC. CrossOver comes with an easy to use, single click interface, which makes installing your games simple and fast. Once installed, your game integrates seamlessly with your Desktop. Just click and run! It's like running Windows on your Mac or Linux machine, but without Windows. No rebooting, no switching to a virtual machine, and no Windows Operating System license required.
CrossOver Games is built on the latest versions of Wine, based on contributions from both CodeWeavers and the open-source Wine community, and then lovingly hand-crafted by Stefan Dösinger and Henri Verbeet, our very own Wine/Games connoisseurs. CrossOver Games aims to bring you the latest, greatest, bleeding edge improvements in Wine technology. This means that the newest games run faster and better under CrossOver Games than under other versions of CrossOver, or other version of free Wine, for that matter. If you need better frame rates on Linux or Mac so you can frag your buddies: check out CrossOver Games.
- Worked around the 'backwards elbow' bug in Rift on Lion.
- Fixed behavior of Plants vs. Zombies in windowed mode.
- Improved loading and play of Portal 2.
- Fixed 'Add a Character Friend' behavior in StarCraft 2.
- Fixed the Perfect World International launcher.
- Added a 'steamid' tag to the CrossTie format. This allows a CrossTie to install and detect games via Steam.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: