Pinta is a free, open source drawing/editing program modeled after Paint.NET. Its goal is to provide users with a simple yet powerful way to draw and manipulate images on Linux, Mac, and Windows.
Full History Don't be afraid to experiment, Pinta tracks your full history so you can always undo.
Adjustments and Effects Pinta includes over 35 adjustments and effects for tweaking your images.
Your Workspace Like docked windows? No problem. Floating windows? No problem. Pinta will even let you mix and match.
Drawing Tools Use easy drawing tools to draw freehand, lines, rectangles, ellipses, and more.
Unlimited Layers Use layers to help separate and group elements of your image for easy editing.
Bi-Tri-Quad-Lingual Use Pinta in your language. Pinta is at least partially translated into over 55 languages.
- Magic Wand tool selection modes (Union, Exclude, Xor, and Intersect).
- Layer blend modes.
- Reduced memory usage in the Open Images Pad (over 100mb in some cases).
- Significantly reduced memory usage for history (only the difference between the two images is stored)
- Copy/Paste support for the text tool.
- Improved rendering performance.
- The colour picker tool now supports different sampling sizes, and sampling from a single layer or the entire image.
- Improved support for special characters and alternate input methods in the text tool.
- Added a Copy Merged command to copy the flattened image/selection to the clipboard, instead of just the current layer.
- Added a drop shadow to the canvas.
- Improved support for extensions:
- Extensions can be initialized/uninitialized properly, including removing any tools/effects that were registered.
- Downloads from remote repositories are now enabled.
Note: Windows requires .Net 4
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.