smcFanControl lets the user set the minimum speed of the build in fans. So you can increase your minimum fan speed to make your Intel Mac run cooler. However in order not to damage your machines smcFanControl doesn't let you set a minimum speed to a value below Apple's defaults.
smcFanControl 2.4 adds the following features/bugfixes:
- Support for OS X Mountain Lion / Gatekeeper
- Support for Retina Macbook Pro
- smcFanControl is now a 64 Bit application
- AutoStart works now without AppleScript
- Support for OS X 10.4 is deprecated
- The source code for smcFanControl is now available at Github