Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit Beta 1.07.0.1009
Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit BETA removes the latest nastiest rootkits and repairs the damage they cause.
Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit BETA is cutting edge technology for detecting and removing the nastiest malicious rootkits.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from the link to the right.
- Unzip the contents to a folder in a convenient location.
- Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exe
- Follow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.
- Click on the Cleanup button to remove any threats and reboot if prompted to do so.
- Wait while the system shuts down and the cleanup process is performed.
- Perform another scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to verify that no threats remain. If they do, then click Cleanup once more and repeat the process.
- If no additional threats were found, verify that your system is now running normally, making sure that the following items are functional:
- Internet access
- Windows Update
- Windows Firewall
- If there are additional problems with your system, such as any of those listed above or other system issues, then run the 'fixdamage' tool included with Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit and reboot.
- Verify that your system is now functioning normally.
- If you experience any problems in running the tool or it hasn't fully resolved all of the issues you had, please contact support.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: