Ad Muncher 4.7.27105
Blocks adverts, unwanted popups, and annoying site behaviors.
Ad Muncher Feature:
- Blocks adverts in all browsers.
- Blocks unwanted popups in all browsers.
- Blocks adverts in programs like ICQ, Morpheus, Kazaa, Grokster, Opera, PalTalk, iMesh, Bearshare, LimeWire, etc.
- Speeds up page loading, thanks to the missing adverts and popups.
- Blocks many annoying site behaviors.
- Filters quickly and reliably, thanks to six years of constant development and feedback from users.
- Includes extensive options for those who like to tinker, allowing you to remove anything that annoys you.
- Runs on Windows 95/98/ME/NT4/2000/XP/2003.
* Implemented a temporary workaround to the conflict with McAfee Enterprise 8.0i that could cause browser crashes
* Fixed bug with the handling of certain types of HTML comment tags (or rather, discovered a further intricacy of IE's comment-tag handling and modified Ad Muncher to emulate it)
* Rewrote part of the automatic update system to fix several minor update reliability problems
* Rearranged the update tab and implemented a control to select the frequency of update checks. Previous versions of Ad Muncher would always check once a month, now you can select monthly, weekly or daily checks (with weekly being the new default)
* By request, the (somewhat obvious) explanation text next to the "My Filters" list can be toggled on and off by clicking on it
* Fixed some race conditions caused by some buffers that were shared between multiple threads
* The version build number shown by Ad Muncher now includes the current build of the default filter list. For example, Version 4.6 Build 10444/1005 is using build 1005 of the default filter list. This was done to aid bug reports of the lists and help ensur
* Rewrote the trial-version expiry code to fix a few minor problems and increase reliability and accuracy
* Developed some simple systems to convert GCC's assembly output to TASM syntax. This will now allow us to include components we have been writing in C into the main Ad Muncher ASM tree without rewriting the entire program (though this is the eventual goal
* Implemented the already-written automatic cache clearing system into Ad Muncher and the Ad Muncher installer - finally you won't have to manually clear their caches when installing or reconfiguring Ad Muncher
* Finally got around to separating the hook and filter/interface portions of Ad Muncher's code into separate DLLs. Previously the entire codebase would have to be loaded into each process running on your system, whereas now only the patching code itself is
* Minor interface enhancements for the installer
* Fixed crash in cache clearing code. The cache clearing code also now shouldn't delete .ico files from browser caches
* Fixed tooltip text to also include list version
* The "Last updates" date shown for the Ad Muncher program is now calculated based on the filetime of admunch.dll, instead of the last date that an update was downloaded (so the date is updated for manual installations)
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: